Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Think Coutinho style impact sub for rest of the season is smart move based on his very dodgy fitness record so far.

Get him off the bench winning some games like his Everton cameo and then spend pre season working out how to get him into the first 11.

Don't think he ever played false 9 position at Leverkusen but could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Coutinho style impact sub for rest of the season is smart move based on his very dodgy fitness record so far.

Get him off the bench winning some games like his Everton cameo and then spend pre season working out how to get him into the first 11.

Don't think he ever played false 9 position at Leverkusen but could be wrong.

when fit (hopefully soon), it will be great to have the choice of Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey for those 2 x no.10 slots, as you say, whichever of those 3 doesnt play, can be a good impact sub.

I think Bertie will be behind those 3 as a 4th backup option, although tbh, if we can persuade Chuka Jr to sign a contract, would put him 4th.

I think El Ghazi and Trez are pretty much surplus.

• Like 1

Can't see him featuring much under Gerrard. 

Buendia and coutinho will play those inside forward roles. 

Likes of Traore and Bailey are more tricky wingers rather than creative number 10's which Gerrard's system requires. 

Can see both of them leaving in the summer. Gerrard doesn't really use wingers. It's the fullbacks who provide the width. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Can't see him featuring much under Gerrard. 

Buendia and coutinho will play those inside forward roles. 

Likes of Traore and Bailey are more tricky wingers rather than creative number 10's which Gerrard's system requires. 

Can see both of them leaving in the summer. Gerrard doesn't really use wingers. It's the fullbacks who provide the width. 

Could happen but far too early to say, and anyway isn’t Ryan Kent a winger?? I reckonBailey and Traore will stay until they are replaced with better, and we’ve hardly seen Bailey yet. We are building a squad, any team wanting to compete at the top of the table and in Europe needs a very strong squad, we are still building that squad. I reckon Mings, Luiz, Trez, AEG, or Cash get upgraded before Bailey.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Could happen but far too early to say, and anyway isn’t Ryan Kent a winger?? I reckonBailey and Traore will stay until they are replaced with better, and we’ve hardly seen Bailey yet. We are building a squad, any team wanting to compete at the top of the table and in Europe needs a very strong squad, we are still building that squad. I reckon Mings, Luiz, Trez, AEG, or Cash get upgraded before Bailey.

I just don't see Bailey fitting the system. He is no playmaker. 

Inclined to agree about Bailey.

He's someone else's player for someone else's system too which might not help him....

I've had this nagging suspicion Bailey might just be a little lightweight for the PL...the injuries aren't helping.

Of course, I do hope I'm wrong but just can't see him getting in ahead of Buendia and Coutinho.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I just don't see Bailey fitting the system. He is no playmaker. 

I can see that too, but I think he will be given a chance and none of us know what we have with him yet, he definitely has talent and you do sometimes need a plan B. I just think there are more obvious upgrades that will improve us already on the agenda whereas Bailey has to get fit first. He might also adapt to what they want very well. 

22 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Funny how people are writing him off on here when he's injured. Kicking a man whilst he's down
Also funny people saying "he doesn't fit gerrards system" when Gerrard keeps playing Ings and Watkins together 

We lack pace in our attack. Bailey is the man to sort this out. 

Exactly, the guy has blistering pace, a great dribble and can finish, like those abilities don’t translate to different plans. He played on both sides and up front in Germany so has proven his versatility.

55 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We wasted a lot of the grealish money in the summer. Out of the 3 so far only one has been a partial success.

Sure we've wasted it if you judge a transfer's success halfway through the first season. Thankfully that's not how it works. 

As far as being a playmaker he led Leverkusen in chances created last season so not sure how he has been type casted as a non playmaker. 

• Like 2

Â