Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

A frustrating player . But a likeable one. Probably needs 2 months rest to let it heal  he will not be written off as he cost too much and also he has proven ability in the German League as a goalscorer and also a creator.

What i am questioning though is the quality of the German League. Werner has been appalling despite looking so good in the Bundesliga. And in his second season is still looking dodgy. Sancho was a star over there and only just adjusting to the Premier League now.  Pulisic was also a star and just looks a half decent player over here. Even Havertz despite having obvious quality doesnt take games by the scruff of the neck . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A frustrating player . But a likeable one. Probably needs 2 months rest to let it heal  he will not be written off as he cost too much and also he has proven ability in the German League as a goalscorer and also a creator.

What i am questioning though is the quality of the German League. Werner has been appalling despite looking so good in the Bundesliga. And in his second season is still looking dodgy. Sancho was a star over there and only just adjusting to the Premier League now.  Pulisic was also a star and just looks a half decent player over here. Even Havertz despite having obvious quality doesnt take games by the scruff of the neck . 

This league is so arduous and demanding, every game is not a gimme....its a challenge and players have to be at their best.

There is a level of physicality that has to be achieved and that brings with it, injuries and stresses, not to mention bookings and suspensions, then the better you are, International events bring with it further demands and risks to player health.

This spells big squad.

I think it is even more crucial that recruitment factor in all these demands, to ensure we get the right types of player.

We can't afford flaky, lightweights, who are highly strung, we need more durability and robust stature in to the mix...to meet these challenges.

I think Leon, needs more time to acclimatise, his indifferent start with injuries and internationals has been no help.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Disastrous signing tbh.

Relying on Ash Young and/or El Ghazi now at LW, neither of which are ideal options for different reasons.

what about JPB? is he capable of a try.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's been an incredibly frustrating start to his villa career. 

Yeah...It seems like players with pace as he has, will always be subject to this kind of thing.

We need to let him be, to come back in his own time, I think with Jack leaving it has left us too anxious to get him in.

I think in time, he will be really good, but i could be wrong too.

It's not the end of the world because Buendia plays on the right and I'd argue that he's the better player anyway (albeit I don't think he's set the world alight).

The question is more, who do you play on the left? Could Carney stake a claim?

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Explosive player and muscle injuries is sadly a all too familiar thing.

They need to get him on a proper, long term physio program.

Needs more muscle strength and balance IMO.

Look at how the likes of Ronaldo and even Jack transformed their bodies and became monsters.

I've said the same about Traore, all the skill in the world but a bit flimsy IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They need to get him on a proper, long term physio program.

Needs more muscle strength and balance IMO.

Look at how the likes of Ronaldo and even Jack transformed their bodies and became monsters.

I've said the same about Traore, all the skill in the world but a bit flimsy IMO.

Yeah it's really easy to build up the big muscles but much harder to built up the small muscles that helps keep everything in place and stabilize things. Some muscles becomes "too strong" while others are not strong enough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's not the end of the world because Buendia plays on the right and I'd argue that he's the better player anyway (albeit I don't think he's set the world alight).

The question is more, who do you play on the left? Could Carney stake a claim?

Surely Ashley Young will go straight in? Watkins, and Nakamba have looked like different players since Gerrard has come in and Young and Luiz don't seem far behind. Young's age is not evident in the slightest at the moment - he's obviously got that same inbuilt fitness that Milner has for Liverpool that just doesn't seem to wane with age.

30 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Surely Ashley Young will go straight in? Watkins, and Nakamba have looked like different players since Gerrard has come in and Young and Luiz don't seem far behind. Young's age is not evident in the slightest at the moment - he's obviously got that same inbuilt fitness that Milner has for Liverpool that just doesn't seem to wane with age.

He’s fit, but he’s no longer got that pace perhaps that a younger player might have. 

I’m not averse to having him on the left at all though. I love Young.

Â