Villa Park Pilgrimage

MNVillan

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The OP should also be sure to visit the Post Office Vaults and Old Joint Stock.  Too quite unique pubs in their own right.

Plus The Wellington.

The top real ale pub in Birmingham City Centre. 

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The OP should also be sure to visit the Post Office Vaults and Old Joint Stock.  Too quite unique pubs in their own right.

Agreed but The Craven Arms much better. Best to approach via The Mailbox if you want to stay safe. Probably a massive overreaction but what the hey. Such a great Pub 

• Like 1

On 24/11/2021 at 21:44, sidcow said:

I just thought, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned Aston Hall to you are somewhere to go? 

Strange really, one of the very shittest areas of Brum has the finest Jacobean house in the country right next to to Villa Park.

Ive never actually been but everyone I know whose been says it's really good.   Looking at t'internet it's all dressed for Christmas after 1st December. 

image.png.05191be806df20e7409591ec42512161.png

image.png.b7ae98dfbd73231677bd7891013df5d0.png

image.png.9365370fbedbc9d0afda697ee8ab2a18.png

Many of our fans do not realise . That Villa park was once an area owned by Aston hall and that Aston Hall was once owned by the Holte family. hence The Holte End 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Is Selhurst Park tiny? I have to imagine VP will be way bigger

Not tiny, but one of the smaller Premier league grounds, and one of the more, er, dishevelled and dated.

Really pleased you enjoyed your day, you lucky charm!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not tiny, but one of the smaller Premier league grounds, and one of the more, er, dishevelled and dated.

Really pleased you enjoyed your day, you lucky charm!

Another thing that caught me off guard was the player entrance. At VP the players walk out of a large tunnel with the European Cup and trophies. At Selhurst they walked out of like a plastic covered tunnel.

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

What a ******* day.

I don’t really know what to say other than unbelievable. Met some fantastic people. I’m going to lose my voice. Got hugged by a stranger after McGinn scored. Introduced a few people to Minnesota Lions.

Watched a couple Palace fans get kicked out after yelling at Villa fans? Not really sure what the point is, that’s an expensive ticket just to talk trash at.

Is Selhurst Park tiny? I have to imagine VP will be way bigger

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

Also it was the first time I heard the “football in a library” chant. Pretty damn funny

In answer to your question you should also have heard:

MY GARDEN SHED, my garden shed

IS BIGGER THAN THIS, is bigger than this

My garden shed is bigger than this

It's got a door and a window. 

My garden shed is bigger than this. 

Yes, it's a tiny shit stadium and Villa Park will blow you away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

My favourite of all time was when the original Wimbledon first visited. We spent most of the match singing "The Holte Ends bigger than your ground" at them

Come in a Taxi... :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

Â