Villa Park Pilgrimage

MNVillan

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/11/2021 at 22:31, MNVillan said:

Let me know where to drink in London before the match. I promise I won’t bug you (but I might buy you a pint if you introduce yourself), but we just want a place with an atmosphere and Villa fans.

with the trains not running to thornton heath, the usual villa pubs like the railway tavern i'm not sure will be as busy, but that will be your best bet. i can see villa fans drinking at various places around town and making their own way to the ground. i think i'm going to try and find a pub in the london bridge area but the pubs around there are unlikely to have the atmosphere you're looking for

I just thought, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned Aston Hall to you are somewhere to go? 

Strange really, one of the very shittest areas of Brum has the finest Jacobean house in the country right next to to Villa Park.

Ive never actually been but everyone I know whose been says it's really good.   Looking at t'internet it's all dressed for Christmas after 1st December. 

image.png.05191be806df20e7409591ec42512161.png

image.png.b7ae98dfbd73231677bd7891013df5d0.png

image.png.9365370fbedbc9d0afda697ee8ab2a18.png

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MNVillan said:

On our way to the airport. If you see a couple wearing Minnesota Lions scarves, don’t be afraid to say hi

Have a good journey. 

When are you in Brum? Did you book The Clayton Hotel in the end? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Its damp and cold, welcome to Birmingham. It's proper posh up here

This is warm compared to Minnesota right now, so we’ll take it.

Another couple things I noticed: the car dealerships by Brentford’s stadium (which looked pretty nice tbf) are ridiculous. Who needs a 5 story car dealership?

I saw a truck with an advertisement for something called Poundland. That’s an… interesting choice for a business name

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok

I'm on my first "lads" night out in 2 years. 

The main organiser is frankly gay but married and in denial. 

I've literally forced the group away from a bar which has led me to here. 

If you want a drink with the Mrs in a bar run by the Stepford Wives listening to the most ridiculously cheesy music ever invented with no drink option other than cocktail go to Be At One next to New St Station

If you want a bit of real ale with Psycho Killer come to Sun on The Hill. 

Thank **** I persuaded them to move on.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ok

I'm on my first "lads" night out in 2 years. 

The main organiser is frankly gay but married and in denial. 

I've literally forced the group away from a bar which has led me to here. 

If you want a drink with the Mrs in a bar run by the Stepford Wives listening to the most ridiculously cheesy music ever invented with no drink option other than cocktail go to Be At One next to New St Station

If you want a bit of real ale with Psycho Killer come to Sun on The Hill. 

Thank **** I persuaded them to move on.

I'd also recommend the old contemptibles, cracking pub by Snow Hill

21 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'd also recommend the old contemptibles, cracking pub by Snow Hill

The OP should also be sure to visit the Post Office Vaults and Old Joint Stock.  Two quite unique pubs in their own right.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

Â