Villa Park Pilgrimage

MNVillan

40 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think there’s a VT member whose brother recently moved to Manchester, he should be able to get you sorted with tickets... his name is Kevan.

I heard he was pissed up at Cheltenham and littering match tickets like confetti.

• Haha 1

Regarding having a curry in Brum I've made a decision having just seen a story about Tom Cruise eating there.

You won't get a balti and every fibre of my Brummie being screams that "posh" curry houses are wrong, but I actually don't think I've had a better curry anywhere than at Ashas in Newhall Street.

It is posh but not prohibitively expensive, it's just so so good though.

Apparently Tom ordered a second Chicken Tikka starter he enjoyed it so much and frankly I'm not surprised.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Regarding having a curry in Brum I've made a decision having just seen a story about Tom Cruise eating there.

You won't get a balti and every fibre of my Brummie being screams that "posh" curry houses are wrong, but I actually don't think I've had a better curry anywhere than at Ashas in Newhall Street.

It is posh but not prohibitively expensive, it's just so so good though.

Apparently Tom ordered a second Chicken Tikka starter he enjoyed it so much and frankly I'm not surprised.

Yeah, agreed, it is a great place.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

Making the trek in a little over a month, can’t wait.

Quick question: I’m sober now. Is it typical for pubs to have Non-alcoholic beer options available, and does Villa Park have any NA beer?

Pubs yes, VP no. Although if you’re in the Lower Holte they might have some in the Holte Suite.

19 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Making the trek in a little over a month, can’t wait.

Quick question: I’m sober now.

With the way we’re playing I’ll be interested to know how long that lasts.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Happy it’s all worked out for you!  Are you sure you don’t want to delay the whole sober thing a month or two?

I’d love to, but it’s for the best. I’ll still be at the pubs. Speaking of, where will Villa supporters be gathering before the Palace match in London?

11 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I’d love to, but it’s for the best. I’ll still be at the pubs. Speaking of, where will Villa supporters be gathering before the Palace match in London?

the railway telegraph by thornton heath train station used to let away fans in...not sure if it still does. i tend to drink elsewhere then train in because i hate packed football pubs where you can't get served and when you do it's in a plastic glass! but there will be plenty of both villa and palace fans in there if they still let away fans in

in the days leading up to the game they tend to release an away day guide so follow avfcsupport on twitter and keep an eye on that

• Like 1

Usually there are Villa in The Metropolitan bar near Marylebone Station as those who head down on The Chiltern Line will head there before moving closer to the game.  There are some pubs on the other side of the road they will use also.   The Globe I think? 

On 28/10/2021 at 16:34, Wainy316 said:

Happy it’s all worked out for you!  Are you sure you don’t want to delay the whole sober thing a month or two?

Actually the wife and I (who both decided to go sober) that this might be the only time in our lives we see Villa Park, so we’re going to break out sobriety on the two match days to have beers with fellow Villans 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MNVillan said:

How does Villa’s ticketing website work? My wife and I both have Fan IDs. Can I buy two tickets for us, or will we both have to log in simultaneously and buy our own tickets next to each other?

You can do it in one transaction.  Just basket two tickets and you can assign the client ID of the person not logged in to the second ticket.

8 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Also curious as to the best tickets in the Holte. Better to get as close as possible to the pitch, or be a little higher up?

If you're looking for atmosphere I'd say somewhere in the middle of the Upper Holte, K3, K4 or K5.  Maybe more towards the back.  View is good up there.

Lower Holte is good too though.  I sit in L2.  Just bear in mind the closer you are to the pitch, the worse your view of what is happening around the North Stand penalty area.

26 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Actually the wife and I (who both decided to go sober) that this might be the only time in our lives we see Villa Park, so we’re going to break out sobriety on the two match days to have beers with fellow Villans 

That's the spirit!  Hope you're rewarded with some good performances.

• Thanks 1

Just another thought.  And mall point but if you want to see VP in all it’s glory maybe don’t go to the back of the Upper Holte as the ceiling will block your view of the tops of the other stands.  May or may not matter to you but want you to be able to consider all aspects before booking.

• Like 1

Â