Villa Park Pilgrimage

MNVillan

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Any idea when you'll find out about tickets? I'll be really gutted for you if you don’t get them.

No clue. As long as I get to VP I’ll be happy. If I can’t get to Selhurst it isn’t the end of the world for us, we’ll find a pub to drink and watch the match with Villa fans

40 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

No clue. As long as I get to VP I’ll be happy. If I can’t get to Selhurst it isn’t the end of the world for us, we’ll find a pub to drink and watch the match with Villa fans

so about that....if it's a 3pm kick off the game won't be on tv

When I went to VP,I went to Thomas Cooke in London to book my ticket and they dont do it for Villa ( they book for heaps of other teams though ) so we went to VP when Villa were playing away and had a tour of VP and then bought our ticket there.Thats how I got our name printed on our VP tickets ( see earlier post )

2 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

What the ****

dunno how you feel about it but you might be worth trying the home end. not sure how easy palace tickets are to come by but surely easier than some grounds

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

dunno how you feel about it but you might be worth trying the home end. not sure how easy palace tickets are to come by but surely easier than some grounds

I’ve actually been in touch with Minnesota Palace (or whatever their local supporters group is called) and they pointed me in the right direction

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so about that....if it's a 3pm kick off the game won't be on tv

Do people still get together in pubs and drink in Brum even if the match isn’t on TV? We’ll be in London at the time, but I have no problem taking the train to Brum and drinking with Villa fans while following match updates on my phone

Just now, MNVillan said:

I’ve actually been in touch with Minnesota Palace (or whatever their local supporters group is called) and they pointed me in the right direction

do you have a villa lions club? they will have a good chance of getting you a ticket i reckon

4 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Do people still get together in pubs and drink in Brum even if the match isn’t on TV? We’ll be in London at the time, but I have no problem taking the train to Brum and drinking with Villa fans while following match updates on my phone

not en masse, no. if it were me, and you had no luck with a ticket in advance, i'd be heading towards the ground and start asking in the pubs for any spares whilst also refreshing twitter (also do this in the build up to the game)

i'd also like to think that anyone on here that gets hold of spares would consider you

Edited by tomav84

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

do you have a villa lions club? they will have a good chance of getting you a ticket i reckon

Oh yeah, been in touch with Darren who runs the Minnesota Lions club. He put in my request about a month ago

Edit: and I’d also like to say Darren is awesome. Not sure if he’s on here or not, but he’s been a fantastic help and does a great job of promoting Villa in Minnesota

Edited by MNVillan
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Oh yeah, been in touch with Darren who runs the Minnesota Lions club. He put in my request about a month ago

so lions clubs go into a ballot for tickets. around 200 tickets across all lions clubs

that being said, i'd HOPE that should an international club apply for tickets, that they would get priority

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

so lions clubs go into a ballot for tickets. around 200 tickets across all lions clubs

that being said, i'd HOPE that should an international club apply for tickets, that they would get priority

I bought a claret membership for Mrs Villan and I, so I’m not overly worried about home tickets. Away tickets, I’m at the mercy of the lottery

1 minute ago, MNVillan said:

I bought a claret membership for Mrs Villan and I, so I’m not overly worried about home tickets. Away tickets, I’m at the mercy of the lottery

as a claret member you can apply for the away ballot directly with villa too when it opens nearer the time. your chances are 1 in a few thousand but still a chance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

as a claret member you can apply for the away ballot directly with villa too when it opens nearer the time. your chances are 1 in a few thousand but still a chance

Tom, you’re the man. Thanks for the info

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Didn't realise you had a claret membership.  You're pretty much guaranteed home tickets then as long as you log on when they go on sale.

Literally bought it this morning as a safeguard

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Maybe I’m stupid but I can’t find the answer to when tickets go on sale for Claret Members for the City match. Any help appreciated

It'll be announced closer to the time.  As far as I know they haven't even put the details up for Everton on 18th Sept yet.

36 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Maybe I’m stupid but I can’t find the answer to when tickets go on sale for Claret Members for the City match. Any help appreciated

I think there’s a VT member whose brother recently moved to Manchester, he should be able to get you sorted with tickets... his name is Kevan.

Â