Villa Park Pilgrimage

MNVillan

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Been a journey. Hopped on the wrong bus and ended up at Perry Ave. No wifi and no idea how to get back so we just walked to the stadium. Long way.

Plans went astray. Now at Aston Tavern

Shame you've missed out on the glory of The Bartons Arms. 

Then again I've never even been to The Aston Tavern so you've got one over on this Villa Fan whose been to virtually every home game since 1985 😁

7 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Thanks all, we’ll take the train out. Contactless payment hopefully? That made it easy in London and with the Brum buses so far.

We’re going to Aston Hall to have a poke around around 3 PM, then going to Barton Arms and then Heart of Aston. Spending some quality time around the ground for the afternoon before kick off. We’ll probably go in early to really soak in the atmosphere of VP for as long as possible

Have a great time buddy, you'll be welcomed back anytime 

• Like 1

Well I had the pleasure of meeting him with his other half on the Holte about 30 mins before kick off and welcomed him to Villa Park.

He was 2 rows behind me and further along, so i did not see him anymore after that.

I hope they both enjoyed last night, i also await his report...

You don't think he is still at Villa Park do you?...

VTID

Derek

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

Just landed in the DC Airport. One more flight to get to Minneapolis and then a 2.5 hour drive home. Had a 6 AM bus from Brum back to Heathrow, then an 8 hour flight to get back onto American soil. Been a long day so far.

VP was unbelievable and the atmosphere made me proud to be Villa. The VTID chant especially when Jack came on was deafening, probably the loudest thing I’ve heard at a sporting event.

I’ll have more thoughts once I can get home and digest what I saw.

3EAD4EF6-EADE-4DA1-B068-0B57B13A2AB7.jpeg

18AEF341-3B62-4B3D-BA63-CB4B3F5DA61F.jpeg

I’m glad you and your wife are safe and well.. thanks for the photos.. you will be truly… Villa till you die

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Just landed in the DC Airport. One more flight to get to Minneapolis and then a 2.5 hour drive home. Had a 6 AM bus from Brum back to Heathrow, then an 8 hour flight to get back onto American soil. Been a long day so far.

VP was unbelievable and the atmosphere made me proud to be Villa. The VTID chant especially when Jack came on was deafening, probably the loudest thing I’ve heard at a sporting event.

I’ll have more thoughts once I can get home and digest what I saw.

3EAD4EF6-EADE-4DA1-B068-0B57B13A2AB7.jpeg

18AEF341-3B62-4B3D-BA63-CB4B3F5DA61F.jpeg

What a handsome devil! Glad you loved it MV!

Buzzing for you again mate, a win away and although a loss, you got to hear and see a full and loud VP. 

The shops been shit for years. But assume they’re waiting for stadium renovation to update all that stuff. 

UTV

Â