Villa Park Pilgrimage

MNVillan

21 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

A couple of reflections the day after:

Villa is truly a family. Everyone is so nice and welcoming to us, even though it was our first time.

I had to rewatch the goals back on social media because once the ball goes into the net at the stadium it’s just mayhem.

Villa fans definitely seemed loudest even though there was only a few of us.

We went to Prince George before and it was SO packed by the time we left. Really fun atmosphere (hard to get a beer though)

Whatever you felt in the away fans, multiply that by a 1000 at a rocking VP.

For me, its always been an emotional experience, the noise and atmosphere is second to none, yes we are a miserable moaning bunch but on that rare occasion we come together as one there is nothing that comes close for me. 

The joke of a kick off time and expensive tickets have kept me away but I'll be screaming at the telly instead.

Enjoy the rest of your stay and I hope it ends on a high

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

A couple of reflections the day after:

Villa is truly a family. Everyone is so nice and welcoming to us, even though it was our first time.

I had to rewatch the goals back on social media because once the ball goes into the net at the stadium it’s just mayhem.

Villa fans definitely seemed loudest even though there was only a few of us.

We went to Prince George before and it was SO packed by the time we left. Really fun atmosphere (hard to get a beer though)

Brilliant mate. So glad you got to see a win too.

Atmosphere was decent in the ground! Proper sore head today. 

good luck at the city game. UTV

What a win! Buzzing for @MNVillan great to experience an away win!

Now if we could beat Man City that would be a truly magical trip over from USA.

Not sure where they are drinking pre match at VP but I advise Sacred Heart but would aim to be there no later than 6:30pm - very busy on typical match days the fact it’s midweek probs not as busy, but why not make the most of it! UTV

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Central Brum is ******* gorgeous. Sorry we couldn’t make lunch @sidcowwe got here very recently. Walked around just a bit and popped into the Old Joint Stock Pub

No problem mate, glad you are enjoying Brum. 

You shouldn't get weird looks walking around Villa Park, the area is a little salubrious, make sure to be in and out before dark I would say. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Whoever started the Greene King has it made. They own like every pub in London

Without fact checking this im sure they were bought out by some kind of hong Kong investment firm who had no real interest in the pubs themselves but saw that several of them sat in prime locations for redevelopment in london getting them their money back

6 hours ago, MNVillan said:

If I go out to VP tomorrow and just walk around am I going to get weird looks?

Not at all and the club shop should be open.  
Probably recommended previously but check out Aston Hall while in the area, it’s right next to VP (Trinity Road side).  It was built by Thomas Holte, quite an eccentric chap by all accounts who of course lent his name to the most wonderful stand in English football .

Ozzy Osbourne’s childhood house is also nearby if you’re remotely interested in that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Didn’t make it to VP today, spent the day walking around the city centre. Have to say that I love the German Market. I got some fries there with whatever the hell burgersouss is and they were fantastic. Also got to go to St. Martin’s and St Philip’s churches which were awesome (I’m a religious history dork, studied it at university). Did the Bull Ring shops and market. 

Brum > London and I’m not just saying that to pander. There’s way more character here.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Didn’t make it to VP today, spent the day walking around the city centre. Have to say that I love the German Market. I got some fries there with whatever the hell burgersouss is and they were fantastic. Also got to go to St. Martin’s and St Philip’s churches which were awesome (I’m a religious history dork, studied it at university). Did the Bull Ring shops and market. 

Brum > London and I’m not just saying that to pander. There’s way more character here.

Fairplay.

If you are interested in History/Churches this picture of Birmingham from 1732 always fascinates me.  Nearly 300 years later the 2 most prominent buildings there are still instantly recognisable today.

image.jpeg.10dc564936de956c9fc1fe37220690a5.jpeg

Try and get yourself to Gas Street Basin and Birmingham Museum and Arts Gallery tomorrow if you're still hanging about before the game. Jewellery Quarter is also fascinating.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â