Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Take it all back. Pay whatever. Bring him in. We can’t have a season with just Watkins and zero backup. 

Hopefully Brad Young can make the step up.

Abraham just isn't very realistic

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

More than likely is a deffinate and maybe he will end up somewhere else it's always a possiblity just like him coming here.

Who says it's going to cost 40 mill, no one but the idiots and media.

And who says we’re interested? The media, yeah?

27 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

If you think the solution is to go out and spend 40m on a backup centre forward because a rag-tag team are losing a pre-season game you're deluded. Other area's of the team are in more need of improvement and how many CL teams spend 40m on backup players, never mind a team building on it's second season in the PL?

Already answered this a few pages back.  Your only caveat is second season back but considering we are targeting Europe next season, almost all our competitors do as I laid out.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Hopefully Brad Young can make the step up.

Abraham just isn't very realistic

Brad Young? Great little talent but at least a year or so away from being considered a second striker. Just bonkers!

Abraham is the most realistic

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Wheres @nick76 come on pal, get this sorted!

In all seriousness its a pre season friendly and you can't legislate for what's happened there today, when a few are off it just doesn't work, even against Stoke  

Today showed that Ollie has off days and fortunately it’s only preseason and then we don’t have anything as an option, nothing to help us in that area, to get back in the game.  

It obviously won’t change the naysayers and even one person saying Brad Young could be that back up 😂. Great kid with a bright future but not ready for a European place targeting team next season.

I find it so bizarre some don’t seem the obvious in front of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Brad Young? Great little talent but at least a year or so away from being considered a second striker. Just bonkers!

How can you possibly know that without giving him a chance? 

If you don't try you never know 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Today showed that Ollie has off days and fortunately it’s only preseason and then we don’t have anything as an option, nothing to help us in that area, to get back in the game.  

It obviously won’t change the naysayers and even one person saying Brad Young could be that back up 😂. Great kid with a bright future but not ready for a European place targeting team next season.

I find it so bizarre some don’t seem the obvious in front of them.

You've got me pal, loan them out and get Tammy and if we can't then lets find another good'un.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Care to explain this?

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

the prem is a massive jump pal, massive, needs a loan or easing in slowly as the pressure is immense,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because I’ve been watching him, he’s not ready on many different levels.  If you’ve watched you can see that.  He’s also not getting preseasons games like the other young kids so the management must agree.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

From what I know he doesn't even play regular u23 games. He's not going from u18 football to the prem. 

You could say your last line about anything. It doesn't mean you should try though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

Care to explain this?

We know Dean loves Tammy and his style

He fits the profile the club are looking for….young, great attitude and fits the squad and has PL experience

A player that is great value between 25-40m because his current team look like they want to sell him for other purchases.

Tammy has a connection and good experience at Villa

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

He fits the profile the club are looking for….young, great attitude and fits the squad and has PL experience

A player that is great value between 25-40m because his current team look like they want to sell him for other purchases.

I just don't see us breaking our transfer record on backup/rotation and Tammy isn't leaving Chelsea unless he's number 1 choice at the new club. 

I'd like it to happen but I think there's no chance. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You've got me pal, loan them out and get Tammy and if we can't then lets find another good'un.

I agree, I want Tammy but if it’s not Tammy then it has to be quality to compete with Ollie.  

I don’t think that is Alvarez before somebody pipes in, whose a different type of player and a huge risk.  I would love Alvarez in but not at the expense of another quality striker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't see us breaking our transfer record on backup/rotation and Tammy isn't leaving Chelsea unless he's number 1 choice at the new club. 

I'd like it to happen but I think there's no chance. 

We don’t know his price, a few prices have been banded about.  If Tammy leaves Chelsea, he’s not guaranteed he’s number 1 anywhere as I’ve argued many times by each club. I think Tammy would  jump at the chance of joining us.

I think if we want him we can get him.  Just like most of our links for any player we’ve been speculated about it’s all dubious because the club keeps everything close to their chest but there’s hope because there has been some links.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I just don’t think it’s realistic that Tammy is going to come here and have to fight his way into our first team. Ollie is vital to our attack, whether he’s scoring or not IMO, don’t get me wrong I would love the luxury of signing Tammy as an option but we’re not in a position to do so.

There has to be a middle ground, as in someone who offers more goal threat than Davis or Wes, but is content to fight for his place, and doesn’t cost £30m

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Anyway….back on topic.  If Chelsea have this loan to buy, we should be all over that.

If there’s a possibility for a loan to option to buy we definitely should be over that. 

• Like 1

Â