Tammy Abraham

nick76

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Nobody knows what Tammy will go for and people need to stop saying Tammy would be a club record amount, we just don't know what Chelsea are willing to sell Tammy at. I personally think it would be between 20 and 35 million but again I don't know myself.

I do love how people click on a Tammy article, see all this info and choose to believe certain bits of info but drowned out the rest and call it rubbish. It's like people believe there's not a chance in hell he's going to come to Villa (that's fine) but then there's abit saying he will cost 40 million or he'd break Villa record and that person say oh that bit must be true. Then comes the next part lol where someone says to themselves I'll just go over to VT and quote that over and over to the guys who want Tammy at the club because I don't want him. The arguement around here is this magical 40 million that somehow Chelsea are going to make a club pay for Tammy, alot of got it intothere head that because the media state this number that that's what a clubs going to be paying not lower nor higher which the figure could be.

I posted on this thread to share an opinion, not to make you angry. 

If he was going for £20m and didn’t mind riding our bench then sure, sign him up. He’d be excellent cover for Ollie with Wes. I don’t believe Chelsea would let him go for that money though because it’s a crazy price. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

If he was going for £20m and didn’t mind riding our bench then sure, sign him up. He’d be excellent cover for Ollie with Wes. I don’t believe Chelsea would let him go for that money though because it’s a crazy price. 

I'm not angry lol.

I am talking to you not shouting at you or being horrible, I am just pointing out to you why people keep pointing out this 40ill price tag they keep seeing Inthe media lol.

Did any of us think we would get Buendia for 30 million, Norwich wanted more, so did Arsenal want more for Martinez but we made it work mate. Lange is a magician so who knows what he could do with a Tammy deal.

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

This is the fundamental issue with Tammy right here. I would like him at the club, good player, likes the club, knows people here and would give us another option. 

BUT Chelsea will want a minimum of £40m for him as they always squeeze the maximum sale value out of anyone they let go of. 

We aren't spending £40m on a backup striker. End of story. Not a chance. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Well It's Groundhog Day...Again | APS Payroll

That's an old film and I've seen this gif more times that the film so yeah it suits the day lol.

Surprised no one has found the matrix cat yet lol

Just now, Steero113 said:

This is the fundamental issue with Tammy right here. I would like him at the club, good player, likes the club, knows people here and would give us another option. 

BUT Chelsea will want a minimum of £40m for him as they always squeeze the maximum sale value out of anyone they let go of. 

We aren't spending £40m on a backup striker. End of story. Not a chance. 

No we aren't spending 40 million on Tammy, why??? Because it's a flipping media quoted price 😂

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

BUT Chelsea will want a minimum of £40m for him

How do you know that? A few media outlets that quote each other said so, Chelsea certainly haven’t come out and said.  Media never get the figure right, they got Buendia figure wrong about 40m but we brought him 33m plus add ons, Sancho was 85m for Man U but we have now been told since he has signed he’s signed for them for 73m.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No we aren't spending 40 million on Tammy, why??? Because it's a flipping media quoted price 😂

No, we aren't spending £40m on Tammy because that is what his selling club would expect to achieve given what we paid for a championship striker 11 months ago. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

How do you know that? A few media outlets that quote each other said so, Chelsea certainly haven’t come out and said.  Media never get the figure right, they got Buendia figure wrong about 40m but we brought him 33m plus add ons, Sancho was 85m for Man U but we have now been told since he has signed he’s signed for them for 73m.

Do you honestly think that Chelsea, who are by far and away the best club in England for getting best value for their sales, will let an England international striker who has played 2 seasons of CL football go for less than what we paid for Watkins with addons???

Dream. 

Land. 

Stuff. 

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Do you honestly think that Chelsea, who are by far and away the best club in England for getting best value for their sales, will let an England international striker who has played 2 seasons of CL football go for less than what we paid for Watkins with addons???

Dream. 

Land. 

Stuff. 

Great so we paid 28m for Ollie plus add ons, so Tammy for 28.1m plus add ons…sounds like a great deal.

andy richter conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 1

I don't think Chelsea will get £40m for Tammy off anyone. 

Rumours he's edging towards a move to Arsenal, although no price mentioned. That would be a shame to see him in their colours. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great so we paid 28m for Ollie plus add ons, so Tammy for 28.1m plus add ons…sounds like a great deal.

I'm still in camp no Tammy, but you need to go back to page 47 of this thread since nick has not posted on a page, this is impressive and might justify this transfer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

No, we aren't spending £40m on Tammy because that is what his selling club would expect to achieve given what we paid for a championship striker 11 months ago. 

I see you have your crystal ball out again. I really should get you to choose my lotto tickets. The all seeing Steero knows that for a fact Chelsea would want 40 million for Tammy.

So we paid 28 million plus add one for Watkins which took it to about 33 million in the end and just because we paid that price to Brentford doesn't mean Chelsea would be making club pay the same. 

Just in case that is the price that Chelsea are looking then then even if that were the case if he came here and made things work anyway and answered that price tag back he'd be worth every penny we'd pay Chelsea for him.

I do not know what yous lots obsession is with paying whatever for a player, one it's not your money and two it's not your money. If the club decide to make the move and bring in Tammy are you telling me your going to start saying we paid to much for him, if so that is absolutely mad. It's mad on every level because if 40 mill the media is quoting around is the go to price for a prem player then I'm sorry if we're looking for that department then that's the price we must pay. If our Chiefs like to work with prem experienced players and find it easier and more successful then paying that price is going to have to be a fact of life. 40 million for Tammy is nothing, we did pay nearly that for Watkins, so why does everyone start flapping around the moment it's suggest we pay that for Tammy given how successful Tammy has been for us in the past.

If Tammy comes here I certainly won't be complaining about the price, it's not out of my pocket and I'd prefer to pay attention to the player than the price. That player will come here and Tammy will make it work and I can't believe that we have some people who think otherwise.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't think Chelsea will get £40m for Tammy off anyone. 

Rumours he's edging towards a move to Arsenal, although no price mentioned. That would be a shame to see him in their colours. 

That's what I'm thinking and Lange would make a case for that no doubt. I think Tammy will end up leaving Chelse son a loan to buy deal or an undesclosed fee but I don't think it will be 40 million, my view is somewhere between 20 and 35 million Tammy will join someone for if it's not Loan to buy.

We should bring him here and not just because of the past and what he did for us or because Arsenal are interested, the reasons are because he'd do good here and will be far better than our backups.

What's funny around VT is it's okay to get someone in to aid Grealish so we're not a one man army team, have everyone complain about squad depth and reasonable quality in each area who can deliver the product, yet we can't get Watkins help and have an excellent number 2.

It's a joke with some on this site.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Excellent.

Â