Tammy Abraham

nick76

42 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I agree there could be mitigating circumstances that we don’t know about, I’d imagine that dirty little tackles and windup comments are all part of the game. He should have learnt by now that this is part of the game, like it or not and it’s part of being a professional footballer to not let yourself be wound up in that way. I’ve seen it on football and rugby pitches when playing at a much lower level, you just have to deal with it. 

I don’t disagree but the lad has returned from a serious injury and has been out for a long time… all because of a terrible, ill intentioned, foul from a shithead, dirty excuse for a professional footballer in Ben Mee…

It’s the first time this has happened during his time here and at least it was in a friendly rather than an important league game… he put up with the stick and fouls previously…

I’m not condoning what he did today but I can maybe see where Wes’ head is at and who knows what exactly was said to him?

I doubt that it was a racist remark, as some have suggested, but if it was then he was justified…

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Your sposed to be more supportive of Tammy coming here.

I feel close to start the idea of Deli Ali coming to Villa off again and sure Nick will support this idea 😂

No Way Do Not Want GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bose said:

Yeah sure we’ll sign Tammy. Then he’ll have to be fine to be on the bench for 99% of the time because he ain’t replacing Watkins.

There is no way we are signing an out and out rather high profile striker this summer. Someone more unproven yes but not Tammy even though I like him because of obvious reasons.

I am not sure you read posts around here mate but there are those of us that think differently. A no2 striker doesn't need to sit on the bench 99% of the time, when this happens you usually find there is little to no confidence in your backups. Your basically saying that for 37 out of 38 games that Watkins is going to be played, it sounds alright and it's a lovely ideabbut a no2 that Smith has confidence in, trusts there is no reason that both Tammy and Watkins can see equal games starting while the other is used as a sub to whoever starts.

We also have the option of if Smith wants an extra striker, here comes the other Forward who again Smith has confidence in or trusts.

You guys certainly make all this sound as though it's all hard work playing two quality forward in one game. It's not rocket science but you make it sound as though a space engineer is required to used Tammy and Watkins and give them both decent enough time.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What energy lol. I love debating as I'm sure Nick does as well I'd say we have become quite the debaters Inthis thread lol.

The energy to consistently create comments and responses and type out lengthy fields of text on a daily and very frequent basis! 🤣 And not just here!

🤣

I don’t think I could manage it mate!

But fair play to you both.

I’m not against Tammy mate, but I am against blowing a huge part of our budget on him or a player like him if we don’t strengthen and address our issues in other areas such as midfield…

I would still be concerned if we spent so much on any other CF right now, let alone Tammy. It’s not so much about Tammy…

I don’t have the energy to keep repeating it 🤣

As far as debating goes, to be a good one you have to listen and consider other points of view too, rather than outright rejecting them or dismissing those that are different not calling them ridiculous or crap.

That’s not a dig, just a general statement that should apply to us all…

A good debater doesn’t just drown out opposing views if they don’t like them…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t disagree but the lad has returned from a serious injury and has been out for a long time… all because of a terrible, ill intentioned, foul from a shithead, dirty excuse for a professional footballer in Ben Mee…

It’s the first time this has happened during his time here and at least it was in a friendly rather than an important league game… he put up with the stick and fouls previously…

I’m not condoning what he did today but I can maybe see where Wes’ head is at and who knows what exactly was said to him?

I doubt that it was a racist remark, as some have suggested, but if it was then he was justified…

At that level you are at the top and youth under you see you as an inspiration.

Who was the player of ours he had a word with before that incident with the Stoke player, you could kind of see Wes was hunting for a red.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

At that level you are at the top and youth under you see you as an inspiration.

Who was the player of ours he had a word with before that incident with the Stoke player, you could kind of see Wes was hunting for a red.

I will admit it was disappointing but I think comments like, “get rid of him”, “he’s shit” etc. are huge and harsh overreactions. Imo of course…

Putting everything else aside…

I can’t see how anyone could not have sympathy for Wes…

Think it’s quite cold and cruel, some of the messages I have seen including on Twitter… harsh reactions and even apparent hatred… fans are fickle indeed…

Terrible injury that came from a terrible foul, such a long time out, a real battle/fight to return to the squad…

Was a young guy when he came to us, pressure to settle, adapt and be our main main at CF…

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The energy to consistently create comments and responses and type out lengthy fields of text on a daily and very frequent basis! 🤣 And not just here!

🤣

I’m not against Tammy mate, but I am against blowing a huge part of our budget on him or a player like him if we don’t strengthen and address our issues in other areas such as midfield…

I would still be concerned if we spent so much on any other CF right now, let alone Tammy. It’s not so much about Tammy…

As far as debating goes, to be a good one you have to listen and consider other points of view too, rather than outright rejecting them or dismissing those that are different not calling them ridiculous or crap.

40 mill is peanuts now considering the problem we have going on which is we have Watkins who can score in his position and that's that.

Watkins gets put out for any particular reason then 40 million for another quality forward who can carry on the work and help us get into Europe is going to be nothing is it.

40 million (and im using this media floated price) for a prem striker who can be used as much as what Watkins can be which in turn offers Watkins recouperated time all while 40 mill forward Carry's on scoring doesn't seem all that much does it.

40 million to make a real pairing partnership between Tammy and Watkins who can be a possible England pairing doesn't seem all to much does it.

There are lots of reasons to pay 40 mill for an effective capable quality back up to our main man.

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I am not sure you read posts around here mate but there are those of us that think differently. A no2 striker doesn't need to sit on the bench 99% of the time, when this happens you usually find there is little to no confidence in your backups. Your basically saying that for 37 out of 38 games that Watkins is going to be played, it sounds alright and it's a lovely ideabbut a no2 that Smith has confidence in, trusts there is no reason that both Tammy and Watkins can see equal games starting while the other is used as a sub to whoever starts.

We also have the option of if Smith wants an extra striker, here comes the other Forward who again Smith has confidence in or trusts.

You guys certainly make all this sound as though it's all hard work playing two quality forward in one game. It's not rocket science but you make it sound as though a space engineer is required to used Tammy and Watkins and give them both decent enough time.

A complete change in tactics? Yeah that’s a hard work and frankly not likely to be on the cards.

And yeah I do actually read posts here. I’m not saying we won’t sign a striker but us signing a high profile out and out striker is HIGHLY unlikely.

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The energy to consistently create comments and responses and type out lengthy fields of text on a daily and very frequent basis!

Isn’t this a contradiction?  Dave and I debate daily with people as you acknowledge with long comments but you say we outright rejecting them.  I think your comment should be aimed at the other side who are short comments saying “close thread”, “definitely not having”, “Ollie isn’t going out wide”, “we aren’t paying 40m fact”.  So I think it’s unfair to lay comment that against us when we are engaging people on this subject daily constantly, repetitively and have a gif laugh along the way.  I even get laughed at for debating point by point as you personally have seen today.

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

40 mill is peanuts now considering the problem we have going on which is we have Watkins who can score in his position and that's that.

Watkins gets put out for any particular reason then 40 million for another quality forward who can carry on the work and help us get into Europe is going to be nothing is it.

40 million (and im using this media floated price) for a prem striker who can be used as much as what Watkins can be which in turn offers Watkins recouperated time all while 40 mill forward Carry's on scoring doesn't seem all that much does it.

40 million to make a real pairing partnership between Tammy and Watkins who can be a possible England pairing doesn't seem all to much does it.

There are lots of reasons to pay 40 mill for an effective capable quality back up to our main man.

Definitely not peanuts, for one. But your claim that it's really no problem to add a record-breaking transfer striker to the team and keep him and another record-breaking transfer happy just doesn't hold up. If Watkins is fit, he wants to start every game. This is surely true of Tammy as well. You think either would be jazzed about being on a team where they start half the games is naive, imo. It's one competitive advantage a team like Villa have over the Man City's of the world. We can attract some players who don't want to sit on the bench.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bose said:

but us signing a high profile out and out striker is HIGHLY unlikely.

Sorry have you spoken to Smith personally about this? I think you’re wrong but like you this is only an opinion.

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

This £40m that you refer to as peanuts would be our record transfer.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t this a contradiction?  Dave and I debate daily with people as you acknowledge with long comments but you say we outright rejecting them.  I think your comment should be aimed at the other side who are short comments saying “close thread”, “definitely not having”, “Ollie isn’t going out wide”, “we aren’t paying 40m fact”.  So I think it’s unfair to lay comment that against us when we are engaging people on this subject daily constantly, repetitively and have a gif laugh along the way.  I even get laughed at for debating point by point as you personally have seen today.

Nick, I stated that it wasn’t a dig, it was a broad statement for us all. It applies to everyone.

My response was also a bit of a reaction to Dave’s claim that “we are great debaters” but it wasn’t aimed directly at you two. Yes, there have been some silly opposing views such as the likes of “Tammy is shit” or similar.

And I wasn’t insulting you for writing long comments, rather commending you for having the energy.

That’s the problem with text and forums, comments can be very easily misconstrued…

I don’t believe football fans are the greatest or most intelligent debaters 😆

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Must say, I am quite disappointed in the lack of gifs recently 🤣

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I can’t be bothered to go quoting people, but for anyone suggesting that Ollie is taken out of the team when he is having a ‘dry spell’ in front of goal, did you even watch us last season?

The guy has completely changed our attack, there is not a striker in the league

This £40m that you refer to as peanuts would be our record transfer.

True.. 

The fact that our team/midfield was a bit of a mess and underperforming seems to keep getting overlooked.

Why is Ollie getting the blame for that? I think it’s quite clear that he was outstanding throughout the season for us, not his fault if the players behind/around him are being crap, he needs service…

Yet again… Jack was out (our main creative source), Barkley got injured and was, from then on, absolutely useless.

I don’t think Ollie’s levels even dropped… he was also denied by poor decisions and bad VAR calls.

Again, what’s the point of spending big on another striker if we can’t even service the one we have or keep booting long balls for him to run onto and chase?

How is another CF going to affect or improve our game if that keeps happening? Let’s address that to begin with…

The CF’s priority is to finish off the chances that others create for him, it’s not like Ollie had numerous opportunities and was missing open goals or something! He was creating chances and goals for himself at times! 

Sort that midfield out!

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤣

I agree with you on much of what you said.

Â