Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Sorry have you spoken to Smith personally about this? I think you’re wrong but like you this is only an opinion.

It is highly unlikely, have you spoken to Smith? I'm out of this thread, but your obsession with us buying Tammy is bordering on insanity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Fantastic idea Owners pull out a massive bundle of Joy for Phil and he go make the purchase for the club.

Seriously though, we should be looking at upgrades right are we not sposed to be doing that now, so our existing players if we need to bring in upgrades then so be it. If by bringing in someone that already existing player turns to backup then it's upto them to now pit themselves into a position of where they can challenge. If we did outright buy Tammy and he was by some chance our record buy then of course Warkins maybe seen by fans as a backup. Just because we were to buy another record buy like a forward it all doesn't mean that they are or aren't seen as an equal to our existing Forward Ollie. With different paths of approach to games gives a better understanding of approach to games, not to mention a better tactical approach and Smith would love those kind of options, he would use both Tammy and Ollie and maximum efficiency. Smith knows both, has used both effectively and he could get both working off one and other without to much fuss. Having both Tammy and Ollie would just offer so much for games.

I want us to be able to play multiple formations. 4132 maybe, then both are on smashing the opposition in to next week.

Don't see any reason why Deano would not adapt formations to opponents. He favours formations for sure, but he's a premiership manager now and should be able to easily manage this. We've seen him flip things mid game for good or bad. 

Having 2 top forwards can only be good for Villa.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

It is highly unlikely, have you spoken to Smith? I'm out of this thread, but your obsession with us buying Tammy is bordering on insanity.

hits insanity GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

It is normal healthy and it's not what your trying to make it out at it's no different from you lot about ESR or Alvarez, it's interest thats all and everyone is entitled to have a favourite and a player they enjoy and love.

Edited by Dave-R

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I know, I absolutely love Ollie. 

I do also but we do need competition in every position on field and everytime we bring someone in they should be better than our existing stars for a good many reasons.

41 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We may arrive at that point the way things are going. If Wesley and Davis continue to be flat in friendly that's telling you that they got no chance at higher level. I would be like you though and sell Davis but give more time to Wesley and see if he can make his mark on a loan move at a championship club perhaps. Ithink that maybe the best for him as it's less stress for him as well.

In that scenario, I think it may be best to loan Wesley out abroad, such as to the Eredivisie, Spain or Italy… Championship is not a bad shout either though but would he agree to it? Dropping down a level and having more “physical battles”?

He could put himself more in the “shop window” in those leagues too, should we have any interest in selling  him…

Seems like he needs easing back to form and condition… he has time to do that here since we have Ollie.

Tbf, piling the pressure on him and relying on him to be our main CF in his first season seems a little shortsighted looking back… I think we were asking too much of him and the team was poor in general too…

We didn’t do the greatest or wisest business in that window tbh… at least we managed to survive in the end, just about!

There’s no doubt that having someone like Tammy would be a big upgrade to our present striking department. Again, do we have the capacity and resources right now?

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

In that scenario, I think it may be best to loan Wesley out abroad, such as to the Eredivisie, Spain or Italy… Championship is not a bad shout either though but would he agree to it? Dropping down a level and having more “physical battles”?

He could put himself more in the “shop window” in those leagues too, should we have any interest in selling  him…

Seems like he needs easing back to form and condition… he has time to do that here since we have Ollie.

Tbf, piling the pressure on him and relying on him to be our main CF in his first season seems a little shortsighted looking back… I think we were asking too much of him and the team was poor in general too…

We didn’t do the greatest or wisest business in that window tbh… at least we managed to survive in the end, just about!

There’s no doubt that having someone like Tammy would be a big upgrade to our present striking department. Again, do we have the capacity and resources right now?

Yeah he should be made to feel as though he doesn't have to rush to get into the spotlight again. I think a loan would be wise for him and that way he can bring himself back at a rate that isn't more needy of him as it is at Villa. While he's on Loan he may feel that he also enjoys life there and Villa may feel down the line that it's worth letting him go because he's happy and that Wesley may not want to risk the stressful and tough life of the premier. By that time as well Villa may of brought someone new in although I do hope Weley chooses if he's on a loan to give it all he can to bring himself back.

I do think if Villa made a move for someone like Tammy then I'm not sure how there'd be a way back to second striker for Wes. 

There's alot to think about regarding all this isn't there, it's not as easy as saying yes bring Tammy in and let's sell Davis and let's send Wes on Loan, I'm sure there is much to review that the three amigos see that we don't .

29 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I want us to be able to play multiple formations. 4132 maybe, then both are on smashing the opposition in to next week.

Don't see any reason why Deano would not adapt formations to opponents. He favours formations for sure, but he's a premiership manager now and should be able to easily manage this. We've seen him flip things mid game for good or bad. 

Having 2 top forwards can only be good for Villa.

Yes I agree mate.

Having two very capable Forwards only increases all round capabilities.

As you say having more Forwards who can be trusted and are quality would allow us to use more formations and systems. We get to change things up more and not be a flat one dimensional system that's easy to figure out. I get the sense that were bringing in people to be able to do what you mentioned which is use different formations or change them mid game. Yes Smith liked to do that during mid game and i felt he wished he could do it more but in different way also. 

Â