Tammy Abraham

nick76

8 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Sounds good to me.Who else is going to score goals if Watkins gets injured/suspended ???

Thankyou Katt, at least there are some of you with common sense around here.

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

I'm still in camp no Tammy, but you need to go back to page 47 of this thread since nick has not posted on a page, this is impressive and might justify this transfer

The funny thing is that I was told to open a Tammy thread if I wanted to continue to talk about Tammy because I was clogging up other threads so I did and now people come onto this thread and want to close the thread down.  

All that would mean is that I would be back again on those other threads clogging them up.

They need to decide which pain they want, either one they can totally ignore as in this thread or one that will be in their face in the other threads.  Plus, over in other threads, there are far more people I can debate about it with thus more comments from me.  So they need to be careful what they wish for 😂😂😂

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

If we have 40m to spend on another one player, I seriously hope it's on either a AM or Wider forward that improves our first 11.

Rightly or wrongly we have a 22m backup to Ollie in Wes. Little to no chance we'll be signing Tammy this summer.

2 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Little to no chance we'll be signing Tammy this summer.

You don’t know that!

3 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

If we have 40m to spend on another one player, I seriously hope it's on either a AM or Wider forward that improves our first 11.

I’ve said all along that depending where Jack plays will depends whether we buy a ESR or Bailey type.  That should be our priority but after that number two priority is a striker.  It all depends on funds but if we have more funds after says Bailey, then I want a striker like Tammy.

5 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Rightly or wrongly we have a 22m backup to Ollie in Wes

It will all depend how Wes performs physically, movement and mentally over these coming weeks.  I’m a massive fan of Wes but if he’s not able to get back to where he was with potential then we can’t rely on that.  Wes is an unknown not because of his ability but if he’s recovered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

The funny thing is that I was told to open a Tammy thread if I wanted to continue to talk about Tammy because I was clogging up other threads so I did and now people come onto this thread and want to close the thread down.  

All that would mean is that I would be back again on those other threads clogging them up.

They need to decide which pain they want, either one they can totally ignore as in this thread or one that will be in their face in the other threads.  Plus, over in other threads, there are far more people I can debate about it with thus more comments from me.  So they need to be careful what they wish for 😂😂😂

There's always a way to creep a player in a discussion in another thread 😂

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Rightly or wrongly we have a 22m backup to Ollie in Wes. Little to no chance we'll be signing Tammy this summer.

Were struggling against Stoke at the moment at half time and people are against another firepower option being at Villa.

This god damn thinking with people, I just don't understand it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You don’t know that!

I’ve said all along that depending where Jack plays will depends whether we buy a ESR or Bailey type.  That should be our priority but after that number two priority is a striker.  It all depends on funds but if we have more funds after says Bailey, then I want a striker like Tammy.

It will all depend how Wes performs physically, movement and mentally over these coming weeks.  I’m a massive fan of Wes but if he’s not able to get back to where he was with potential then we can’t rely on that.  Wes is an unknown not because of his ability but if he’s recovered.

Bailey should be the priority but after that it then should be Tammy i believe.

Watkins needs help and a capable striker that can seriously contribute in different areas..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Were struggling against Stoke at the moment at half time and people are against another firepower option being at Villa.

This god damn thinking with people, I just don't understand it.

If you think the solution is to go out and spend 40m on a backup centre forward because a rag-tag team are losing a pre-season game you're deluded. Other area's of the team are in more need of improvement and how many CL teams spend 40m on backup players, never mind a team building on it's second season in the PL? I don't know why this topic is still open? There have been no credible links to Villa recently, he'll more than likely end up at Arsenal, Spurs or West Ham on loan.

• Like 2

I *think* most people, if it could magically happen, would prefer to start the season with Tammy on the bench than Wes. Or Davis. I would.

I also *think* people get and agree with the argument for having strong competition for Ollie’s position. I know I do.

I don’t quite know why Tammy is the only person who is capable of providing that.

I also don’t quite understand the logic that there’s definite interest on Villa’s part in signing him, which has been gleaned through media talk. But the often quoted £40m value is considered inaccurate because it’s just media talk.

• Like 2

If you think the solution is to go out and spend 40m on a backup centre forward because a rag-tag team are losing a pre-season game you're deluded. Other area's of the team are in more need of improvement and how many CL teams spend 40m on backup players, never mind a team building on it's second season in the PL? I don't know why this topic is still open? There have been no credible links to Villa recently, he'll more than likely end up at Arsenal, Spurs or West Ham on loan.

More than likely is a deffinate and maybe he will end up somewhere else it's always a possiblity just like him coming here.

Who says it's going to cost 40 mill, no one but the idiots and media.

That's where I am too

I'd spend £40m on 2 starting midfielders before worrying about who will be 2nd striker 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's where I am too

I'd spend £40m on 2 starting midfielders before worrying about who will be 2nd striker 

100% correct. It is so obvious. I just don’t understand what Dean is seeing. 

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

More than likely is a deffinate and maybe he will end up somewhere else it's always a possiblity just like him coming here.

Who says it's going to cost 40 mill, no one but the idiots and media.

You think Chelsea are going to sell him at a knock down price? when they're selling youth players like Guehi who've never played in the first team for 20m+.

The only realistic thing in this thread is the likelihood that Chelsea would demand near 40m or more for Tammy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

100% correct. It is so obvious. I just don’t understand what Dean is seeing. 

Without wanting to join in the doom and gloom in mid July before a meaningful ball has been been kicked and the window has closed... His opinion of John McGinn will be his undoing 

As much as I love him we need better, we play 3 in midfield and yet we don't have any one of any real quality in there get bailey in and we can play with the shape and line up of the 3 behind Ollie but then throw every remaining penny we have in to the best CM we can find 

• Like 1

Â