Tammy Abraham

nick76

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I just don’t think it’s realistic that Tammy is going to come here and have to fight his way into our first team. Ollie is vital to our attack, whether he’s scoring or not IMO, don’t get me wrong I would love the luxury of signing Tammy as an option but we’re not in a position to do so.

There has to be a middle ground, as in someone who offers more goal threat than Davis or Wes, but is content to fight for his place, and doesn’t cost £30m

That kind of player is still going to cost 20m plus for quality, so I’d rather pay a bit extra and get a low risk purchase in Tammy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We don’t know his price, a few prices have been banded about.  If Tammy leaves Chelsea, he’s not guaranteed he’s number 1 anywhere as I’ve argued many times by each club. I think Tammy would  jump at the chance of joining us.

I think if we want him we can get him.  Just like most of our links for any player we’ve been speculated about it’s all dubious because the club keeps everything close to their chest but there’s hope because there has been some links.

Chelsea just sold a youth player with no Premier league games played for around £20 million.

Tammy would be easily over £30 Mill in my opinion. I'll be utterly amazed if he went for less. 

I can't claim to know what Tammy thinks but at this stage in his career I think he would to know he's playing week in week out. We can't offer that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, I want Tammy but if it’s not Tammy then it has to be quality to compete with Ollie.  

I don’t think that is Alvarez before somebody pipes in, whose a different type of player and a huge risk.  I would love Alvarez in but not at the expense of another quality striker.

I'd rather go an aggressive 433 with Jack Emi and Traore at the moment if we couldn't start Ollie. 

Wes was stupid today and it hinders our planning, purely as a business sense we need to know what Wes can do, how fit he is etc. We need him or a another to be serious about targeting those above us as you keep saying.

If we can find a spot somewhere for him I'd rather not gamble, I'd shift Wes and buy.

I'd possibly keep KD for when we need someone to hold the ball up to kill games off near the end when we're winning and it's tight, but that would depend on who we bring in, as a loan for him would help his confidence. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Tammy would be easily over £30 Mill in my opinion. I'll be utterly amazed if he went for less. 

So a deal at 30m, sounds like a bargain

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I can't claim to know what Tammy thinks but at this stage in his career I think he would to know he's playing week in week out. We can't offer that. 

Nobody can for the clubs Tammy would agree to join, as I discussed by club a few pages back

23 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

the prem is a massive jump pal, massive, needs a loan or easing in slowly as the pressure is immense,

Greenwood got established in the first team at 17

Guess the jump was too massive there too

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

Greenwood got established in the first team at 17

Guess the jump was too massive there too

No comparison, Greenwood was also making the senior England squad, talented kid. 

Bad comparison buddy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So a deal at 30m, sounds like a bargain

Nobody can for the clubs Tammy would agree to join, as I discussed by club a few pages back

I think easily over 30. 30 would be a bargain and I don't think any club will get him for that.

I think if Arsenal spent the money they would. I think West ham and palace would as well.

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

How much would Tammy be on? My guess is that he’d be the second highest paid player at Villa if he were to sign. Sound about accurate?

It’s another factor why I can’t see it happening. 

Yep, another good point.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

How much would Tammy be on? My guess is that he’d be the second highest paid player at Villa if he were to sign. Sound about accurate?

It’s another factor why I can’t see it happening. 

Exactly the same 

You can make an argument about what role each would play if we had both Watkins and Tammy but you'd at least have to agree that they'd be paid the same! Would mean a pay rise for Ollie 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No comparison, Greenwood was also making the senior England squad, talented kid. 

Bad comparison buddy.

Not to mention that Greenwood is now almost 20 and still only scored 7 league goals this season and that might not be good enough for us (for all that I personally believe in taking a bit of a gamble)

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Bad comparison buddy.

He was still a skinny and unproven kid.

Takes some brass to throw a 17 year old straight into the Prem.

Not sure we would have done it if we had a 17 year old Greenwood in our U23 side.

We'd be far more likely sending him out on a loan before that.

Depending on reports he’s on between 57k and 82k.  Not necessarily he’d automatically get a pay rise on a move so he could be on the same pay as Ollie and probably the same as some of the others that are getting new deals.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Depending on reports he’s on between 57k and 82k.  Not necessarily he’d automatically get a pay rise on a move so he could be on the same pay as Ollie and probably the same as some of the others that are getting new deals.

The arsenal links yesterday say £125k a week but obviously take that with a pinch of salt 

£50k a week more than what Ollie reportedly earns, which you can also take with a pinch of salt cos £75k for Ollie sounds high 

Edit - found another site saying Ollie is on £45k a week 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

He was still a skinny and unproven kid.

Takes some brass to throw a 17 year old straight into the Prem.

Not sure we would have done it if we had a 17 year old Greenwood in our U23 side.

We'd be far more likely sending him out on a loan before that.

Is that such a bad thing? Maybe Greenwood would’ve benefited more from it, does many young talented players good than staying at their club in the early years.

Just now, villa4europe said:

The arsenal links yesterday say £125k a week but obviously take that with a pinch of salt 

£50k a week more than what Ollie reportedly earns, which you can also take with a pinch of salt cos £75k for Ollie sounds high 

So we now are no wiser 😂

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Hopefully Brad Young can make the step up.

Abraham just isn't very realistic

He become realistic when we have Watkins who can't score and Wesley who screws about like that and can't score and we'll Davis who's what scored one goals since god knows when.

How can you or anyone bloody write this crap pretending there isn't a problem with having just Watkins as our only decent forward?? The same people were most likely the same ones shouting to get Grealish backup, everyone had common sense to see that without bringing Buendia in we would've a one man team relying on Jack. As it stand with just Watkins we will be that reliant on just his goals the moment he goes down for any reason that's it season is done because we will struggle. Getting in another serious Forward isn't hard to figure out as we can't rely on just Watkins for a while seasonanymore than we could Jack last.

It's a disaster waiting to happen it is but you won't listen to reason till it all goes wrong and then having the ones who foreseen it tell you so.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Â