Tammy Abraham

nick76

22 hours ago, Dave-R said:

No I don't get that but if you think I am so be it I don't mind lol. I do not think we are better than anyone in this league and that we need to improve and keep improving not like Arsenal fans who know there club is falling and continue to big it up like there club is the god of football. I feel Tammy would be great for us and while I like to do Farsenal fans heads in it's all for pure comedy and wind ups. 

On VT I don't think we have many people who talk like they do or see things like they do. I mean they do have odd fans from when I've been on there that are reasonable and good talkers but majority of there fans are Jackasses because they sit up in there tower over the rest.

Every club has stupid fans and I can assure you most of the gooners I interact with don't think we're 'gods of football'. They mostly think the opposite!

There's a fair bit of irony in Villa fans calling us delusional having dipped in and out of the ESR and Grealish threads in here 😂

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

Every club has stupid fans and I can assure you most of the gooners I interact with don't think we're 'gods of football'. They mostly think the opposite!

There's a fair bit of irony in Villa fans calling us delusional having dipped in and out of the ESR and Grealish threads in here 😂

Grealish is everything anyone has said he is, but I agree some comments about ESR/Arsenal haven't been any better than the Arsenal fans they're using to represent a whole fanbase, but it's not everyone saying it.

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Can West Ham or Arsenal sign him already?

I want this thread locked

Interesting to read you guys' take on him.

General feeling from Arsenal fans is positive but i'm not convinced at 40m

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Grealish is everything anyone has said he is, but I agree some comments about ESR/Arsenal haven't been any better than the Arsenal fans they're using to represent a whole fanbase, but it's not everyone saying it.

That's my point though. Every club has (relatively) rational fans and idiots.

Arsenal fans on twitter can be a different breed though 😂

Just now, CroydonDebruyne said:

Yeah for sure. Although I think Twitter is depressing all round.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

Personally, I think you’re getting a bargain, I would’ve loved him here. He’s an excellent centre forward who will only get better over the coming years. He’s still young, yes, he misses quite a lot of chances but he gets himself in to the positions to miss the chances. Chelsea will be silly to get rid of him I think, we had him at Villa in The Championship in 2018/19 in our play off winning season, he was great for us that season. He scored 26 goals in 40 matches for us that season in all competitions. I just can’t understand why Tuchel doesn’t seem to fancy him, quite a lot of Chelsea fans don’t rate him either for some reason. For me, he’s fantastic 

43 minutes ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

We only watched him in Championship you can't compare that to PL football.

From what i've seen from Chelsea he does remind me quite a bit of Welbeck, and think he'll have a similar type of career.

He can score goals but top teams demand more than just a goal scorer these days. 

How is your link up play? How is your first touch? Can you press well? All areas Abraham need to improve on massively. Even for the size of the man he is disappointingly poor in the air. Chelsea fans has said that it looks like he is playing on ice at times.. an indication that he probably is a little clumsy on the ball.

All in all would be a decent signing for Arsenal but he won't take you to the next level imo

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

From what i've seen from Chelsea he does remind me quite a bit of Welbeck, and think he'll have a similar type of career.

This is exactly who he reminds me of

His 'underlyings' are very good apparently but he's never totally convinced me.

1 hour ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

I think he'll be alright for you 

Lacazette seems a bit of a chancer, good player in there somewhere but is a bit moody are doesn't turn up often enough, almost the epitome of arsenal, Tammy is better than him more often than not even if Tammy isn't then a very top player, he's good enough to potentially get arsenal back to where they want to be but then not good enough to fire them past that, strange how that works, lacazette on paper when they bought him is that player... 

Watkins is better than both, would be a huge asset to arsenal, that energy and work rate is everything you're not, I think he'll go to the WC as 2nd choice behind kane 

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Lacazette seems a bit of a chancer, good player in there somewhere but is a bit moody are doesn't turn up often enough, almost the epitome of arsenal, Tammy is better than him more often than not even if Tammy isn't then a very top player, he's good enough to potentially get arsenal back to where they want to be but then not good enough to fire them past that, strange how that works, lacazette on paper when they bought him is that player... 

Watkins is better than both, would be a huge asset to arsenal, that energy and work rate is everything you're not, I think he'll go to the WC as 2nd choice behind kane 

Alright, no need to flex!

Buying Lacazette and Aubameyang within a year of each other was a mistake. Neither really fits Arteta's system either. I think he would love Watkins.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

Alright, no need to flex!

Buying Lacazette and Aubameyang within a year of each other was a mistake. Neither really fits Arteta's system either. I think he would love Watkins.

Off topic but the decline in Aubameyang since he signed a new contract has been incredible (probably not the word that you would use!).  Is that sortable or has he gone??

I am sure that there are a lot of PL managers that would like Ollie.  His work rate is second to none and, with the right supply (which I think we are now putting in place), I genuinely think he could be competing for the golden boot next season. 

45 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Off topic but the decline in Aubameyang since he signed a new contract has been incredible (probably not the word that you would use!).  Is that sortable or has he gone??

Million dollar question!

I think if he doesn't  recapture some kind of form we're in big trouble. The problem with Auba is that if he's not scoring, he offers you very little. 

He had a rough year with malaria and some family stuff so I'm hoping he can turn it around but who knows.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But the next level for Arsenal is top 4 though.

They are competing with the likes of City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Leicester for those spots. Will Abraham be the difference reaching that? I don't think so.

Still think he would be a decent signing though.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But the next level for Arsenal is top 4 though.

They are competing with the likes of City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Leicester for those spots. Will Abraham be the difference reaching that? I don't think so.

Still think he would be a decent signing though.

Neither do i and that's what I meant, he might get them there but I don't think he's good enough once they do 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Neither do i and that's what I meant, he might get them there but I don't think he's good enough once they do 

But they have to get there before they can attract a player that is good enough to be in a top four.  A top four striker wouldn’t go to them now plus that player would be double the cost.

5 hours ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

Would have him as backup to Watkins all day long mate. I've always enjoyed Watching Tammy play and I do feel he has a messy style that does trip up alot of people. I mean I've seen he completely screw up a move on an opponent's and it looks as though that's it then all of a sudden his recovery of that situation has allowed him to get the better of the opponent.

What he did for us was amazing, came in and had a great relationship with everyone so he comes in and gets things done.

Is a bit arrogant and wants the ball alot once the game is underway, but he's not totally selfish on the ball as he will pass. He's not afraid to tell his team mates where they screwed up or have a go at them if he thinks the pass should of been better sent to him.

I'd say Tammy has more pros than cons and he's a very good player.

If Arsenal do get Tammy I'd be abit jealous to be honest because i want him here at Villa and I'm 100 percent positive that he would work out for Arsenal, infact it's a little scary to think what Tammy, Saka and ESR could be like in a team together.

I'm not into watching Arsenal at all by any means but if Tammy went there I'd probably give in as I watched a fair bit of him each season since he's left Villa and gone back Chelsea.

Main thing is that if Arsenal get the lad in, then that lad Tammy will do the business for Arsenal, whoever he goes to he will sort it out and be a problem for the rest of the league I believe..

6 hours ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

I think that is a fair comment. Yes every club has stupid fans, every club has its hateful ones as well. The best fans are the ones you can have a conversation with without arguements kicking off when you talk between the different groups. Were all fans at the end of the day and yes our allegiances separate us and so do our views but as footy fans we must stay United overall because we love the game and don't want hate creeping in and spoiling it.

I think there is a good rivalry happening between arsenal and Villas fan base. There's nothing wrong with the wind ups and banter and it's all part of the fun, I love it.  

Do you not feel that Arsenal chiefs are not doing enough to keep Arsenal a competing team? When I visited Arsenal Mania forum I got that impression from alot of fans in that is what they are feeling. The whole ESR thing made me laugh, I never felt we would of got him but it would of been nice to of. Couldn't of imagined the uproar amongst Arsenal fans if Villa had of pulled ESR signing, it'd of been like us with Grealish I reckon, years everywhere. Would of been lovely another signing off Arsenal like when we had Martinez because what a fabulous amazing player he is. 

I think Tammy will be a smart signing for whoever grabs his signature In the end. See I'm not sure our backups in Wesley and Davis can stand up and make it count if Watkins for whatever reason gets put out, put Tammy could I have no doubts about that.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Haven't read the last few pages, who's winning the Tammy battle today?

My monies on Nick n Dave.

image.jpeg.dacf8b5b27c011a51835c973f1a6cd09.jpeg

Lol 

Yes Tammy's still coming to Villa before window ends if he doesn't I'll just make some daft reasoning up why we changed our minds 😂

Â