Tammy Abraham

nick76

I worry from what I read on here and on Twitter/Facebook that our owner’s wealth has really distorted expectations about how we can and should spend.

On a level playing field, without FFP to worry about then of course we can go out and buy a £40m striker for the bench and other expensive squad players, but that is not the case.

40 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Putting everything else aside…

I can’t see how anyone could not have sympathy for Wes…

Think it’s quite cold and cruel, some of the messages I have seen including on Twitter… harsh reactions and even apparent hatred… fans are fickle indeed…

Terrible injury that came from a terrible foul, such a long time out, a real battle/fight to return to the squad…

Was a young guy when he came to us, pressure to settle, adapt and be our main main at CF…

I like Wesley alot and it must be frustrating for him to come back and find your not making a dent in opposition that's not premier League status. He had a big blow with a crazy injury and he's trying but I fear the club maybe best selling him to a club he can actually get a benefit from at a lower standard that the prem league. If Wesley were loaned out for abit maybe something at least, maybe it would be best for player and club. As I said if it's to intense for him which the premier League is it will of course make him feel like he has to be extra careful and won't take knocks like he did before which in turn makes him feel less risky in going forward.

These friendly are for seeing who's god the goods and who hasn't as much as they are for fitness, it separate the capable from the less capable. Smith and Co will be ticking off boxes of which players are showing there worth and those that don't manage to put in abit of a performance will struggle to find game time this season. Every player needs to be showing the management something or risk struggling for a place. If we put that into reality so far I'm getting the feeling that Smith is pleased with Watkins. As for Davis and Wesley I feel if they don't play then Smith is not missing out on much. It does mean though that Smith has to go and kill off Watkins because there's no one of note to go compete with him or that can be trusted to go do a job. Remember how we were saying in survival season why Smith doesn't use subs all that much, part of the reason was it not was that Smith didn't trust the players outside of the first eleven. Smith struggled so much to just use subs that it were obvious that he just needed better quality in order to make use of some.

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Where are the mods. Lock this dumb thread already

Why are you even coming into a thread and don't offer something then make a demand to close it, just move on if dont have any interest in talking about it all.

Others don't think it's dumb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I like Wesley alot and it must be frustrating for him to come back and find your not making a dent in opposition that's not premier League status. He had a big blow with a crazy injury and he's trying but I fear the club maybe best selling him to a club he can actually get a benefit from at a lower standard that the prem league. If Wesley were loaned out for abit maybe something at least, maybe it would be best for player and club. As I said if it's to intense for him which the premier League is it will of course make him feel like he has to be extra careful and won't take knocks like he did before which in turn makes him feel less risky in going forward.

These friendly are for seeing who's god the goods and who hasn't as much as they are for fitness, it separate the capable from the less capable. Smith and Co will be ticking off boxes of which players are showing there worth and those that don't manage to put in abit of a performance will struggle to find game time this season. Every player needs to be showing the management something or risk struggling for a place. If we put that into reality so far I'm getting the feeling that Smith is pleased with Watkins. As for Davis and Wesley I feel if they don't play then Smith is not missing out on much. It does mean though that Smith has to go and kill off Watkins because there's no one of note to go compete with him or that can be trusted to go do a job. Remember how we were saying in survival season why Smith doesn't use subs all that much, part of the reason was it not was that Smith didn't trust the players outside of the first eleven. Smith struggled so much to just use subs that it were obvious that he just needed better quality in order to make use of some.

I would actually be happy if we sold Davis and loaned out Wesley, then brought in a striker who can score goals and cover for Ollie… then one of the wingers or wide forwards we have/buy can cover there too…

I don’t know why we persevere with Davis…

Tammy on loan would be great, but is it realistic?

But I don’t think that’s going to happen and I think we are limited in what we can do…

Trying to be realistic about our situation, doing business is not always easy or straightforward (both incomings and outgoings) and we don’t have unlimited funds to spend…

We have a transfer budget, wage budget and squad size to carefully manage…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Why are you even coming into a thread and don't offer something then make a demand to close it, just move on if dont have any interest in talking about it all.

Others don't think it's dumb.

Rumours based on dumb Mirror articles weeks ago with no substance usually get locked

• Confused 1

Just for those who find these things mildly interesting. When the other Tammy thread reached this number of pages, it was the day the Wolves move was called off/dismissed.

He’d been on loan about 4 and half months by that point. This thread has reached the same number of pages in under 4 weeks.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Rumours based on dumb Mirror articles weeks ago with no substance usually get locked

Right they are all rumours untill Aston villa announces a signing, don't be so daft that you believe everyone of the other media articles about players then think all the players being talked about there is legitimate interest from us when it's all hear say. Then we get to Tammy and you don't believe one bit of it.

Let's face it we have the right to talk about Tammy joining here as much as you have the right to talk about another player your interested in another thread joining up at Villa.

You just don't le the fact people enjoying having a chit chat and there are Pepe whow ouldnt mind Tammy coming back to Villa.

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just for those who find these things mildly interesting. When the other Tammy thread reached this number of pages, it was the day the Wolves move was called off/dismissed.

He’d been on loan about 4 and half months by that point. This thread has reached the same number of pages in under 4 weeks.

I love it and excellent memory 😊

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Thanks mate, no intention to offend or annoy.

Say the word and I’ll leave you guys in peace…

👍

I appreciate your take on things at least your providing a response, least that there is a good chat with you and others and your not in here just to try get a thread closed.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I would actually be happy if we sold Davis and loaned out Wesley, then brought in a striker who can score goals and cover for Ollie… then one of the wingers or wide forwards we have/buy can cover there too…

I don’t know why we persevere with Davis…

Tammy on loan would be great, but is it realistic?

But I don’t think that’s going to happen and I think we are limited in what we can do…

Trying to be realistic about our situation, doing business is not always easy or straightforward (both incomings and outgoings) and we don’t have unlimited funds to spend…

We have a transfer budget, wage budget and squad size to carefully manage…

We may arrive at that point the way things are going. If Wesley and Davis continue to be flat in friendly that's telling you that they got no chance at higher level. I would be like you though and sell Davis but give more time to Wesley and see if he can make his mark on a loan move at a championship club perhaps. Ithink that maybe the best for him as it's less stress for him as well.

22 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think I how to fix this whole issue, sell KD and WM and buy Haaland, then Ollie becomes the backup........... or does he.

Fantastic idea Owners pull out a massive bundle of Joy for Phil and he go make the purchase for the club.

Seriously though, we should be looking at upgrades right are we not sposed to be doing that now, so our existing players if we need to bring in upgrades then so be it. If by bringing in someone that already existing player turns to backup then it's upto them to now pit themselves into a position of where they can challenge. If we did outright buy Tammy and he was by some chance our record buy then of course Warkins maybe seen by fans as a backup. Just because we were to buy another record buy like a forward it all doesn't mean that they are or aren't seen as an equal to our existing Forward Ollie. With different paths of approach to games gives a better understanding of approach to games, not to mention a better tactical approach and Smith would love those kind of options, he would use both Tammy and Ollie and maximum efficiency. Smith knows both, has used both effectively and he could get both working off one and other without to much fuss. Having both Tammy and Ollie would just offer so much for games.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think you need a hug mate

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

Not even hugs can save certain misserable F**KS 😂

I think Kiwi is in denial about Tammy, really he has this secret love for him, bet if we went back to Tammy's time here Kiwi was much much different about him then lol.

I still believe there’s an outside chance we will still buy a new striker. Smith said they would look at Wesley over the summer and whether he was up to speed. The reality is it was always going to take 6-12 months after coming back to get back up to the speed of the game and so far hasn’t really done enough.

He has another two weeks to impress, if he doesn’t, as suggested by others, a loan might be the best for him, which opens the door for a new signing.

Â