Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

49 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Since I bought James in on my wildcard 2 weeks ago he's scored 33 points for me, fantastic return. 

Makes up for Vardy and Armstrong being awful. 

While Alonso produces another zero

Homer Simpsons GIF - Homer Simpsons You Dirty Bas GIFs

22 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Right, I've possibly gone mad and risked it: got rid of Ronaldo and taken a -8 hit to bring in Foden and TAA. Toney comes in too (Douglas Luiz and Azpilicueta the others out).

This of course means Foden won't start, Trent will get injured and Ronaldo will score a hat-trick this weekend.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f53bf370a3976c87b

• Haha 2

I didn't bench James this week 😅 

Have 2 free transfers for next week so I think I'm gonna give up on the KDB punt, absolutely no idea where I go with it though. I'll figure that out in a weeks time I guess.

59 points currently with just Hwang to play. Hopefully Antonio doesn't absolutely obliterate us tomorrow, can't be done with having another green arrow slashed in front of my eyes. 

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f53bf370a3976c87b

Yeah you think it was a stupid decision until you check out my 5 point haul from TAA, Toney and Foden between them... one point fewer than Ben White who I benched, may I add.

Edited by Troglodyte
  • Haha 1

I feel like I’m playing catch-up already, and taking risks I probably don’t need to. I’m at 2.8m OR, which is pretty poor. This week is swerved the Salah captain in favour of Raphina. I hope he outscores Salah’s 5 points today! 

19 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I keep waiting for the Gallagher bubble to burst but it just keeps going. Is he still on set pieces? 

There's no bubble. He's been crap (FPL wise) for weeks.

Then the first week I actually bench him he hauls. Absolute prick

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I feel like I’m playing catch-up already, and taking risks I probably don’t need to. I’m at 2.8m OR, which is pretty poor. This week is swerved the Salah captain in favour of Raphina. I hope he outscores Salah’s 5 points today! 

Last season I was about the same rank after GW12 and 8 weeks later I was 200k. The ranks are still really congested. You can still make up huge jumps with decent weeks.

• Thanks 1

Im sitting around 150k rank and last season I was absolutely miles out from that and still finished inside the top 2k. A lot of causals play chips early, even some set and forget teams can be doing fine if they did captain Salah too.

Just make sure you hold the big chips for DGWs. I still see some FPL Twitter guys who take the game seriously playing these chips on a SGW, absolutely blows my mind that. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Im sitting around 150k rank and last season I was absolutely miles out from that and still finished inside the top 2k. A lot of causals play chips early, even some set and forget teams can be doing fine if they did captain Salah too.

Just make sure you hold the big chips for DGWs. I still see some FPL Twitter guys who take the game seriously playing these chips on a SGW, absolutely blows my mind that. 

Ironically that often works out better.

But you're right, I can't see why you'd play Bench Boost or TC on anything but a DGW.

I've done alright this week. 61 points even without a keeper (although I have a -4)

140k rank jump at the moment up to 200k. Hoping for a very quiet game tonight. 1-1 with two own goals please. Preferably Digne and Hwang

If Conte goes to Spurs it makes the next few weeks very interesting.

I was set on getting Ronaldo in for Utd's good fixture run. But can you ignore Son and Kane if Conte gets them firing?

I'm hoping Jimi grabs a few tonight. 

Although can't complain if he doesn't as I've scored 71 to shoot up 175k to just outside the top 50k. It's so change able this early on though that means nothing. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ironically that often works out better.

But you're right, I can't see why you'd play Bench Boost or TC on anything but a DGW.

I'd potentially consider using TC on someone in crazy form against a truly awful defence (like Salah against Norwich) but usually it's DGW only. The trouble with that though is finding someone who will play at least 150 mins that week and not be rotated. 

Â