Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

The games not fully launched yet but they've released the new prices. 

Might struggle to find bargains from the Villa players this season as there's been some decent price rises. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/FPL-price-reveal-for-2021-22-season/?utm_source=premier-league-website&utm_campaign=website&utm_medium=link

Whilst it's good to see the players get some respect it's kinda annoying trying to make a team now. 

I'm struggling to spot any hidden value players from the first glance. Quite a few players have had big price rises and very few have dropped a lot. 

Pogba at that price could be a steal if he actually played a full season and was motivated. Two very big ifs there though. 

Watkins at 7.5 and Jack at 8 ain't cheap but might need to get them in. Buendia is very tempting. 

Done a first draft, will check in again towards the start of the season. Buendia, Fofana and Lampty won't be going anywhere all season for me as it stands.

Kane is overpriced, he will really struggle to replicate last seasons points while Salah had a somewhat poor season by his standards and has a much higher ceiling for the same price. They have messed Mane's price up for the 2nd season running, shame that.

14 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm struggling to spot any hidden value players from the first glance. Quite a few players have had big price rises and very few have dropped a lot. 

Pogba at that price could be a steal if he actually played a full season and was motivated. Two very big ifs there though. 

Watkins at 7.5 and Jack at 8 ain't cheap but might need to get them in. Buendia is very tempting. 

Foden is 8. If he plays more regulalry he's a steal.

Fofana 4.5

Digne had a price drop to 5.5

Watford keepers could be a good shout, very good defensive record in the Championship last season

Toney or Iheanacho up front could be bargains

They're probably the standouts that i've noticed

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Done a first draft, will check in again towards the start of the season. Buendia, Fofana and Lampty won't be going anywhere all season for me as it stands.

Kane is overpriced, he will really struggle to replicate last seasons points while Salah had a somewhat poor season by his standards and has a much higher ceiling for the same price. They have messed Mane's price up for the 2nd season running, shame that.

I'll be starting without Kane unless he moves to City. If he does he's probably straight in for me.

Yeah mane is a non-option based on last season.

Also they've moved both Auba and ASM to forwards. I imagine they wanted to add more options to the FWD position. but they've chosen the wrong players. All they've done is made those two a complete no go

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Foden is 8. If he plays more regulalry he's a steal.

Fofana 4.5

Digne had a price drop to 5.5

Watford keepers could be a good shout, very good defensive record in the Championship last season

Toney or Iheanacho up front could be bargains

They're probably the standouts that i've noticed

I think Sanchez could be a good option. 

I'm holding off Everton/Spurs players until I know who the manager will be. 

Toney could be great, but 6.5 seems a lot for a player and team never to have played top flight before. They're usually 6 at most. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I think Sanchez could be a good option. 

I'm holding off Everton/Spurs players until I know who the manager will be. 

Toney could be great, but 6.5 seems a lot for a player and team never to have played top flight before. They're usually 6 at most. 

Yeah Sanchez is the obvious keeper choice I think.

And agree about Toney. I think they anticipated how popular he'd be. He's already on something like 42% ownership!

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah Sanchez is the obvious keeper choice I think.

And agree about Toney. I think they anticipated how popular he'd be. He's already on something like 42% ownership!

I think ownership numbers will be interesting at this point of the season. I suspect it's only the more dedicated players who will have set up teams as the casuals will be holding off or focusing on the Euros and that might be an indication of who to target. 

Unless like me they'll probably wait until preseason friendlies are underway before getting closer to locking their team down. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I think ownership numbers will be interesting at this point of the season. I suspect it's only the more dedicated players who will have set up teams as the casuals will be holding off or focusing on the Euros and that might be an indication of who to target. 

Unless like me they'll probably wait until preseason friendlies are underway before getting closer to locking their team down. 

Yeah that's a fair point

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

The league should auto renew for those already in, shouldn’t it? 

Yes as soon as the league admin has renewed it. Which it looks like Trent has done

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Blimey, all the expensive players are even more expensive this season. I think I had 4 10m+ players at points last season, I can barely squeeze 2 in now.

Should lead to more variance between teams at least.

Yeah I much prefer it this way. Although I do think they've messed up with some of the pricing.  Sterling is a no go at 11. KDB will be a no go at 12 until he starts to do something (insofar as Salah and Bruno would appear to be must-have). Firmino is once again basically irrelevant at 9.0. Mané at 12 is a bit spicy for me too.

Most all of the decent strikers starting at 7.5 instead of 6 like last year has pushed the bar up on everyone else and made it more plausible to go 3-5-2 as a squad structure (although I've still gone 3-4-3)

There are some interesting prices as usual. They've even managed to not make a balls of Dallas when they moved him into midfield, unlike Lord Lundstram.  5.5 for an 8 goal 3 assist mid is still not bad.

Fofana at 4.5.  Conor Coady at 4.5. Leno and DDG/Hendo at 5.0. Raphinha at 6.5. Some bargains to be had.

So far I'm incredibly template, and tbh I can't see me changing too far from it.  I don't own any Man City or Spurs.

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Firmino is once again basically irrelevant at 9.0. 

Someone on the fpl pricing team must hate him. 140pts, not even nailed anymore, takes a Liverpool spot and a striker spot, he should be 7.5m maximum.

The main problem I'm having is picking which Villa players to have. I think Watkins, Buendia and Grealish are all among the best options in their price bracket and I want some defensive representation, at least at the start.

Â