Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

I know I don't need to teach you lot how to suck eggs, so I only mention it as a matter of interest, but after this gameweek, 6 of the next 8 are short gameweeks i.e. less than a week between deadlines. Strap yourselves in. On the plus side it becomes easy to quickly overhaul a squad, and price changes won't catch you out as much. But then there is the R word. The one that rhymes with flotation.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

I know I don't need to teach you lot how to suck eggs, so I only mention it as a matter of interest, but after this gameweek, 6 of the next 8 are short gameweeks i.e. less than a week between deadlines. Strap yourselves in. On the plus side it becomes easy to quickly overhaul a squad, and price changes won't catch you out as much. But then there is the R word. The one that rhymes with flotation.

Yeah I’m probably going to do Rudiger to Alonso this week. The Chilwell injury means Alonso must be first choice for LWB. 

The thing that’s stopping me is I think Rudiger is far less in danger of rotation over this period. 

I don’t think I can resist Alonso though

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I’m probably going to do Rudiger to Alonso this week. The Chilwell injury means Alonso must be first choice for LWB.

The thing that’s stopping me is I think Rudiger is far less in danger of rotation over this period.

I don’t think I can resist Alonso though

I've been looking at James because obviously I have. The one thing in the back of my head is Alonso might even be more nailed on now because of December rotation meaning Azpilicueta is a slight concern on the right.

I'm rolling this week so I'll see what they do on Sunday. Alonso would also be a huge saving too.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've been looking at James because obviously I have. The one thing in the back of my head is Alonso might even be more nailed on now because of December rotation meaning Azpilicueta is a slight concern on the right.

I'm rolling this week so I'll see what they do on Sunday. Alonso would also be a huge saving too.

I already have James so it would be a potentially massive double up for me 😍

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i think ramsey is starting again tomorrow and it's about time he started getting some points. he's gone into my starting 11 at the expense of pukki

Not that it matters because he's only 4.5 but Ramsey is potentially a rotation risk now I think. You wouldn't know how Gerrard sees that midfield now that Luiz is back and Sanson is potentially available. But even with that, I think he's good value. There's a case for Luiz too at 4.5 even if he will probably play further back.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not that it matters because he's only 4.5 but Ramsey is potentially a rotation risk now I think. You wouldn't know how Gerrard sees that midfield now that Luiz is back and Sanson is potentially available. But even with that, I think he's good value. There's a case for Luiz too at 4.5 even if he will probably play further back.

agreed. i think he'll start tomorrow but after that he definitely becomes a rotation risk. luiz i did look at but hasn't had a sniff of a goal in ages. you're right though gerrard might want luiz to play further forward but ramsey is the better pick for now.

not sure who i would change him for...couple of good options for 4.5m in the game. romeu for southampton stands out

I've had Luiz for ages. Purely as the 4.5m enabler and last sub. 

Our fixtures aren't great for the next few weeks after Palace, with City, Leicester and Liverpool. I'd be hesitant aiming to start one of our players. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Back down to earth with a bump after last week’s heroics. 

Need the Chelsea boys to deliver another haul to save a green arrow this week. And for Spurs to stay quiet

11 points above average for me but still a red arrow. Have 6 players left so hopefully rack up some points. 

Be very happy if Muembo finally comes good. 

Spurs postponed actually helped me as Toney came off my bench for 9 points. 

Sadly fixture congestion means DGW is likely gw21 at earliest (Ben Crellin) so I won't really benefit. 

Green arrow up to 18k which is definitely my best ever rank. 

Â