Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

73pts for me, back up into 7.5k. I've rolled the Spurs dice now. Triple Spurs for a -4. Vardy, Havertz & Rudiger out for Kane, Son & Reguilon. Now to hope for no new injuries.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BOF said:

73pts for me, back up into 7.5k. I've rolled the Spurs dice now. Triple Spurs for a -4. Vardy, Havertz & Rudiger out for Kane, Son & Reguilon. Now to hope for no new injuries.

Big call on Kane, hope that works out for you. Hoping Son and Reggy score more though as I've got them. 

I'm torn on Vardy. He's done nothing since I picked him up 3 weeks ago and now has Chelsea. But has good fixtures after that. 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2021 at 18:38, Rds1983 said:

Sold Havertz, benched Cancelo and then saw this for my two Brentford players... 

Starting to think it's not my week. 

And of course I took a punt giving Mbuemo the armband

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, a-k said:

And of course I took a punt giving Mbuemo the armband

Keep thinking he's due a big haul at some point. No doubt it'll be against someone completely unexpected and when I drop him. 

Unless you're playing major catch up and need to gamble (to early in the season for that in my opinion) just leaving the armband on Salah seems the best call right now. 

Edited by Rds1983

Yeah not captaining Salah is suicide at the moment to be honest.

Even if you're miles behind I don't think that's a gamble worth taking yet. I keep saying it but I was 2million and something in the world after GW12 last season and 8 weeks later I was in the top 200k. I didn't do anything special, just stopped taking silly risks and played sensibly. The ranks are still so compacted that solid play can still give you huge gains. You don't have to be majorly risky yet

I think if Spurs significantly improve then it might be worth thinking about Kane or Son as captain. But until then I think you're very very brave if you take the armband off Salah

Edited by Stevo985

My thinking is that Son & Reguilon are not that much a risk and may become template.  The risk is Kane but I think if Son starts to return then it's inevitable Kane will be involved. And not many will have the 2, so I'll be in prime position. I made it so that I could get to Kane & Son quite easily. I think more would potentially have done it if they could. The worry is Vardy will go off from Watford onwards. I don't plan on having Kane for long anyway. I'll be on Ronaldo from 16.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

My thinking is that Son & Reguilon are not that much a risk and may become template.  The risk is Kane but I think if Son starts to return then it's inevitable Kane will be involved. And not many will have the 2, so I'll be in prime position. I made it so that I could get to Kane & Son quite easily. I think more would potentially have done it if they could. The worry is Vardy will go off from Watford onwards. I don't plan on having Kane for long anyway. I'll be on Ronaldo from 16.

I think Reguilon is an easy switch for a lot of people. With Livramento looking like he's good enough to play every week I think people can afford to downgrade a more premium defender to Reguilon.

I've got James, Cancelo, Trent, Rudiger and Livramento. So I'm looking at Rudiger to Reguilon, and if it ends up that Reguilon isn't worth it then Livramento is easy to play instead. 

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Reguilon is an easy switch for a lot of people. With Livramento looking like he's good enough to play every week I think people can afford to downgrade a more premium defender to Reguilon.

I've got James, Cancelo, Trent, Rudiger and Livramento. So I'm looking at Rudiger to Reguilon, and if it ends up that Reguilon isn't worth it then Livramento is easy to play instead. 

You've a lot of money in your defence going into some tricky fixtures over the next month. Particularly the Chelsea boys. At Leicester and West Ham and home to United in the next 4. I guess Mané is always easy to downgrade if needed. You need Antonio to fire too (in some tricky fixtures) or that front line is a bit mis-firing.

image.png

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BOF said:

You've a lot of money in your defence going into some tricky fixtures over the next month. Particularly the Chelsea boys. At Leicester and West Ham and home to United in the next 4. I guess Mané is always easy to downgrade if needed. You need Antonio to fire too (in some tricky fixtures) or that front line is a bit mis-firing.

image.png

The Rudiger downgrade is on the cards for me regardless, as is Iheanacho. That experiment has well and truly failed. 

It's not worth having money in strikers at the moment so I'll be downgrading him, probably to Broja, and using the money from him and Rudiger to upgrade someone else, probably Toney.

Mane is a placeholder for Ronaldo (it would require 2 FTs). Plan is to hold Mane until GW 15 and then use the FTs to swap out for Ronaldo for his insane run of fixtures. Should hopefully have enough money to do Mane to Jota and one of the strikers up to Ronaldo.

But have to use the International break. The Spurs boys have put a bit of a spanner in the works for these plans, as has United and Ronaldo's form. A big part of me thinks it's not worth having Ronaldo even for those amazing fixtures, but not sure I can take the risk of not having him. Statistically he does better against the smaller teams. But anyway, need to find some time to sit down and plan it properly

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I currently have the exact same defence, but considering mixing it up in a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Not sure I'd be playing risks when in the top 10k but he who dares. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I currently have the exact same defence, but considering mixing it up in a few weeks. 

Not sure I'd be playing risks when in the top 10k but he who dares. 

There's risk and then there's risk though. If I was going against an obvious premium then yeah that would be insane. So Kane over Salah would be radio rental. But all I'm doing is punting on one currently mis-firing premium over the other mis-firing premiums, and banking on his curve being upwards. So I think it's a calculated risk that doesn't have a massive downside if it doesn't work out, but could have a massive upside if it does with those fixtures.

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

There's risk and then there's risk though. If I was going against an obvious premium then yeah that would be insane. So Kane over Salah would be radio rental. But all I'm doing is punting on one currently mis-firing premium over the other mis-firing premiums, and banking on his curve being upwards. So I think it's a calculated risk that doesn't have a massive downside if it doesn't work out, but could have a massive upside if it does with those fixtures.

shrug-good-luck.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Do free transfers carry after a free hit?

For instance, I have one transfer for the next GW, if I play my free hit next week will I have two free transfers the following week?

Pretty sure nope. FTs don't follow any tokens. You can have 2FTs, use a token and you'll be back to 1FT the week after.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BOF said:

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch :lol: From 7k to 106k in one gameweek.

There was someone last season who was genuinely in the conversation to win the entire thing with a few weeks to go, and he must have played his wildcard but forgot to activate it because he took like a 50 point hit one week and obviously dropped dramatically as a result

• Haha 2

I have no idea what to do this week. I need to get rid of Iheanacho but I'm not sure who for. Broja maybe but he's not nailed.

Thinking of rolling it and bringing Ronaldo in early next week or the week after. I have the exact money to do Mane to Jota, Rudiger to Reguilon and Iheanacho to Ronaldo. With Jota being nailed now this seems like a less risky idea.

Edited by Stevo985

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Let's see if Gerrard can get a tune out of McGinn otherwise he'll be getting the chop for ESR next week.  Bet that'll motivate him.

As long as the sound isn't bagpipes.

But seriously I've mentioned him as a possible enabler from 17 if Gerrard uses him further forward.

Â