Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, I guess it's a case of keep Salah captain just to keep up.  No more trying to be clever with that Havertz nonsense methinks.  need to ditch all  my Villa players too.

Havertz captain wasn't a terrible shout pre-gameweek, just as Lukaku captain wouldn't have been if he was playing (I'd have had the armband on him)

It's bad luck that Salah is just Salah.

He's absolutely extraordinary this season. His current rate of point scoring would but him at 451 points for the season. I think his previous record (and the FPL record) is 301... ish. Can't quite remember but I remember it was just over 300 points and he's the only player ever to have scored 300+ points

There's no right way to play FPL. But if you haven't got Salah this season you're doing it wrong

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Havertz captain wasn't a terrible shout pre-gameweek, just as Lukaku captain wouldn't have been if he was playing (I'd have had the armband on him)

It's bad luck that Salah is just Salah.

He's absolutely extraordinary this season. His current rate of point scoring would but him at 451 points for the season. I think his previous record (and the FPL record) is 301... ish. Can't quite remember but I remember it was just over 300 points and he's the only player ever to have scored 300+ points

There's no right way to play FPL. But if you haven't got Salah this season you're doing it wrong

Salah hit 303 in 17/18 scoring 32 goals. 

• Like 1

So I had the exact money to get Trent back in this week for Duffy. I forgot to check the price rises on Sunday night and Trent went up in price, meaning I couldn't afford him.

My plan was to get Raya in next week for Meslier, and Raya was due to rise on Monday night so I made the decision to get Raya in earlier than expected and get Trent in. So -4 spent but I had the two players I wanted.

Yesterday, out of nowhere, it's announced that Raya has a knee injury and is out for 5 months.

**** fantastic

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So I had the exact money to get Trent back in this week for Duffy. I forgot to check the price rises on Sunday night and Trent went up in price, meaning I couldn't afford him.

My plan was to get Raya in next week for Meslier, and Raya was due to rise on Monday night so I made the decision to get Raya in earlier than expected and get Trent in. So -4 spent but I had the two players I wanted.

Yesterday, out of nowhere, it's announced that Raya has a knee injury and is out for 5 months.

**** fantastic

Players are dropping like flies this season. Making it so hard to plan. I don't think I've gone a full week witho so an injury yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

So how do player price rises/drops and their timings work? Are they always predictable? I typically wait until late to make any transfers in case of injuries etc, but sounds like I might be losing out on value that way?

They happen every day at around 2am.

It's based on transfers in and out, put simply if a player is being bought a lot then his price will rise. It's done as a percentage of their ownership but I think they keep the exact method a secret (happy to be corrected there)

There's a couple of sites that predict the price rises and they're pretty good.

My favourite is fantasyfootballfix.com although you do have to log in with your FPL details which isn't the best solution these days. If you do go for that then go to "price Change Stats" and "Price Change Predictor" and it'll show you the players and how close they are to rising. You can also upload your squad so it tells you when the players you own are rising and falling.

It's not 100% accurate (they actually track that, this season they're 87% accurate) but it's about as good as you'll get.

fplstatistics.co.uk does the same job but I don't think it's quite as accurate and doesn't have as much detail as fix. But the positive is you don't have to put any details in.

If you wait until the last minute to do your transfers then you will be losing out on value, but obviously the positive is that you reduce your risk of getting a player that might be interested. There's conflicting opinions in the FPL world as to which is more beneficial. Some people will say boosting your value benefits you more, some will say getting as much info as you can benefits you more.
This week is a perfect example of how moving early can bite you in the arse...

On 27/10/2021 at 08:54, Stevo985 said:

**** fantastic

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Stevo985. Might take a look at that after this GW.

Currently wanting to replace a few players and in a dilemma which to go ahead with. I want TAA back in and makes sense to get Azpi out given he isn't a nailed on starter - I can just about cover it with what I've got ITB and that's my one FT. Ideally though I'd also change my entire front 3: Ronaldo isn't working out and I fudged replacing Lukaku - Edouard in there currently but he's not playing centrally (or even guaranteed to start). My other one is Watkins which was a punt a few weeks ago that has majorly backfired. Think I'll bring Toney in but not sure whether for Edouard or Watkins.

On top of all that, I want Foden and don't really want to wait until after the Palace game. Considering a -8 to get him in (with Toney for Ronaldo and 2.2m in the bank to help replace Edouard/Watkins next week) or even a -12 to lose Edouard now and get Antonio in.

its-alway-sunny-charlie.jpg.b7eb590b2322bf2d8c85f47f7f0bad59.jpg

• Haha 1

Be careful with removing Ronaldo.

Man Utd are a couple of weeks away from one of the best runs of fixtures you could hope for in FPL.

I'd quite like him to get injured so I can justify not having him

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Be careful with removing Ronaldo.

Man Utd are a couple of weeks away from one of the best runs of fixtures you could hope for in FPL.

I'd quite like him to get injured so I can justify not having him

It's a tough one because they've got Spurs (A), Man City (H), Watford (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H) before the run I think you're referring to. They also have CL to contend with and OGS has already shown he isn't afraid to bench/sub Ronaldo - knowing my luck I'd keep him and he wouldn't play in the Watford fixture, which is three days before a big game at Villarreal.

32 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

It's a tough one because they've got Spurs (A), Man City (H), Watford (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H) before the run I think you're referring to. They also have CL to contend with and OGS has already shown he isn't afraid to bench/sub Ronaldo - knowing my luck I'd keep him and he wouldn't play in the Watford fixture, which is three days before a big game at Villarreal.

I'm not necessarily saying don't get rid... but you probably want to have a backup plan of how to get him back in one or two transfers if you need to

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not necessarily saying don't get rid... but you probably want to have a backup plan of how to get him back in one or two transfers if you need to

Id argue there's also a risk that by the time the fixtures swing Ole could be gone and Conte comes in. If that happens I'm not sure I could see Ronnie being crucial and I'd be more inclined to get Rashford or Greenwood. 

• Like 1

Right, I've possibly gone mad and risked it: got rid of Ronaldo and taken a -8 hit to bring in Foden and TAA. Toney comes in too (Douglas Luiz and Azpilicueta the others out).

This of course means Foden won't start, Trent will get injured and Ronaldo will score a hat-trick this weekend.

I've also benched Watkins even though I have a feeling he may come good against West Ham. Therefore he will rise like a phoenix, probably scoring one and assisting in our inevitable draw/loss, while Toney will of course fire more blanks than a eunuch against Burnley.

Â