Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah they're almost certainly planning something. Although my fear is the wisdom of crowds for something like this isn't always the right solution! (See Aston Villa's current badge!)

To be honest I think a reallocation of midfielders to forwards, a price hike for players like Trent and possibly a new chip would shake things up enough. PLus actually having a season undisturbed by **** covid would be good. This season just became a "who can get the most DGW players" competiton.

Wouldn't surprise me if they give everyone an extra free hit or widlcard after the world cup though :( 

I've seen people banding around on Twitter some new scoring systems. Like the ability to spend 30 points to buy an extra wildcard and that kind of thing. I think that overcomplicates things a bit to be honest

But re-allocating players and price hikes wouldn't constitute a change to the game. That happens every year to one degree or another. I think there'll be more than that. At the very least there'll be some chip changes I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a not-insignificant change to the bonus point system. I'd also like something that made defensive mids more relevant to the game. A BPS change could accomplish that.

The must haves will be very price dependent. Everyone is saying Haaland but what if he's £13m+ and he takes a little while to adjust to the league? 

21 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The must haves will be very price dependent. Everyone is saying Haaland but what if he's £13m+ and he takes a little while to adjust to the league? 

i just don't see that happening. the top teams tend to get easy starts too

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah they're almost certainly planning something. Although my fear is the wisdom of crowds for something like this isn't always the right solution! (See Aston Villa's current badge!)

To be honest I think a reallocation of midfielders to forwards, a price hike for players like Trent and possibly a new chip would shake things up enough. PLus actually having a season undisturbed by **** covid would be good. This season just became a "who can get the most DGW players" competiton.

Wouldn't surprise me if they give everyone an extra free hit or widlcard after the world cup though :( 

I've seen people banding around on Twitter some new scoring systems. Like the ability to spend 30 points to buy an extra wildcard and that kind of thing. I think that overcomplicates things a bit to be honest

i think this will be announced at the start of the season. anyone who plays in the final is not going to be ready for a PL game on boxing day

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i just don't see that happening. the top teams tend to get easy starts too

Happens for a lot of players, he is still young and it does seem to be the norm for City players. His Champions League record suggests he will come good but the Premier League is a different style to Bundesliga where the lower level teams still tend to attack and leave space to run into. Just look how Sancho has struggled last season and Werner and Havertz before that. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Happens for a lot of players, he is still young and it does seem to be the norm for City players. His Champions League record suggests he will come good but the Premier League is a different style to Bundesliga where the lower level teams still tend to attack and leave space to run into. Just look how Sancho has struggled last season and Werner and Havertz before that. 

it does, i agree. i just think he's too good.

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it does, i agree. i just think he's too good.

He very well might be but who knows. I'm just naturally hesitant for any City player (especially a new signing) based off Pep doing weird things and the guaranteed rotation. If he is £13m or more that's a lot of money for someone who might only play 25 to 30 league games based off rotation for Europe. Will he outscore a cheaper Kane who will likely play a lot more games? Before you consider any potential injuries Haaland might pick up. 

30 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He very well might be but who knows. I'm just naturally hesitant for any City player (especially a new signing) based off Pep doing weird things and the guaranteed rotation. If he is £13m or more that's a lot of money for someone who might only play 25 to 30 league games based off rotation for Europe. Will he outscore a cheaper Kane who will likely play a lot more games? Before you consider any potential injuries Haaland might pick up. 

the rotation aspect is a definite concern.

another thing to factor is the 5 subs. i'll probably be going big on defense and probably GK too on the basis that midfielders/strikers are more likely to be subbed

I also play a draft game on a site called Draft Fantasy. The site itself isn’t great with live updates etc but a great rule they have is ‘Kante points’. 1 point per 3 tackles/interceptions. Makes DMs much more viable.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

If they make it so you can change your captain on different days of the GW I'm likely done with it, so I hope they don't do that. I want to set on the deadline and that's the end of it.

I'm going to confidently guess that's a non starter. Some of the sillier stuff is just internet talk. Then it gathers ground by being repeated. Won't happen.

Yeah I’d hate that. They did that for the Fantasy Euros last year. 

Made it so much easier. There was no real jeopardy in captain choices, just enabled you to take massive gambles with relatively low downsides

Â