Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Can we close this thread yet?  Has there been one credible link to this guy or just more 2+2=5 conspiracies based off of Instagram likes?

Why would it be closed when people are so interested? Just now you posted in the thread yourself, so it must be of interest to you or why would you even be reading it, let alone commenting? 

Like most of the threads in this forum it’s all about rumours. The very nature of rumours means that they could well be untrue. It’s not the private thoughts of Johan Lange thread. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Why would it be closed when people are so interested? Just now you posted in the thread yourself, so it must be of interest to you or why would you even be reading it, let alone commenting? 

Like most of the threads in this forum it’s all about rumours. The very nature of rumours means that they could well be untrue. It’s not the private thoughts of Johan Lange thread. 

The Rashica thread was closed several times last summer, and there were actual credible sources discussing the transfer.  

The Website Blacklist

Please don't start a player-specific speculation topic if your only source of info is one of the websites listed below. This list will evolve and change over time so please check back here if you plan on starting a topic.

FansFC.com

Tribalfootball

Sportingo

sport.co.uk

goal.com

footylatest.com

caughtoffside.com

The Metro

Talksport

Twitter "ITK" accounts

Also, the BBC gossip column (or anything similar) isn't a credible source, if its a proper article on the BBC then that is fine, but the gossip column isn't.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got to agree, McGinn stays, whether he is a starter or not.

" One of our own ", too important to the club right now IMO.

Completely agree, McGinn stays and yes not our best player but not close to our worst either and his other attributes are so important in this club as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The Rashica thread was closed several times last summer, and there were actual credible sources discussing the transfer.  

Sorry but my mate’s postman’s, best mate’s cousin isn’t on the list, so the thread stays. 

I so want us to sign this kid. I’m sure he is going to be a star. The crazy thing is we could have him for 5 years and then sell him on for massive money because he would still only be 23! 
I will never get sick of us acting like a massive, ambitious and well run club. Huge!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't see RC sports anywhere on that list. Which is where the journalist who reported our interest works for. 

7 hours ago, CVByrne said:

McGinn being a regular in our first team is not the progression we need. He's a great player to have in the squad but unless he improves significantly from last seasons performances he shouldn't be a regular starter. Luiz too for that matter. I felt there was nobody to compete with them for their starting positions last season and with competition comes improvement.

I don't want to sell either of them.....But I agree.

I would like this to happen too...Pape Sarr.

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop....I am starting to lose all sense of maturity with NSWE.

I''ll be walking in to the ground on the first match singing " Boiled beef and carrots" with a swagger.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I would like this to happen too...Pape Sarr.

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop....I am starting to lose all sense of maturity with NSWE.

I''ll be walking in to the ground on the first match singing " Boiled beef and carrots" with a swagger.

Not Spam and brown sauce then TRO??

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't want to sell either of them.....But I agree.

I don’t think Luiz would be missed too much Tro. Had a poor season and if Villa could get decent money for him I’d be inclined to sell him while keeping McGinn and Marvellous who I feel contributed more to the team last season. Alternatively bring in another DM to replace Luiz like Sarr who is much more athletic and robust.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, striker said:

I don’t think Luiz would be missed too much Tro. Had a poor season and if Villa could get decent money for him I’d be inclined to sell him while keeping McGinn and Marvellous who I feel contributed more to the team last season. Alternatively bring in another DM to replace Luiz like Sarr who is much more athletic and robust.

I think we are building a solid squad, while luiz was shocking at the start of his villa career, he went from one of the worst to the best after 1st lock down. Then this season after the 2nd lock down, the old luiz showed up again.

I presume the squad build will be so we take both cup competitions more seriously as its an easier way to get into Europe and spread the good word of Aston Villa globally. So players like luiz will as long as he signs a new contract, be around and given time to get that improvement without the weight of our fans on his back.

22 players and 21 years old and under players for our 1st team squad all should be good enough to come in for minutes without weakening the team too much.

• Like 1

Â