Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

I have a wild theory based on nothing but  a wild imagination that Pape Sarr is a sideshow and out of nowhere we will sign from under arsenals noses Albert Sambi Lokonga…

I think a work permit would be tricky for a player of this age with so few senior apps.

Hopefully that's being looked into while terms etc are already sorted and it'll be a quick announcement once the WP is sorted.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

He rode a pale horse and they called him...........death. 

I'm afraid Death is... dead. 

Stephen Victor Death (19 September 1949 – 26 October 2003) was an English football goalkeeper who played for Reading for almost the entirety of his career. Death was one of the longest-serving players to appear for Reading. He has been described as "Reading's greatest ever goalkeeper".

Wikipedia

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You obviously don't know this poster yet.

The transfer window is his specialty....lol

He'll make a few random " cryptic " one line posts, which lean in any direction the speculation is heading at the time.

Oh but I do... I joined back in 2004 but I don't often post. I just wanted to fan the flames :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MentalM said:

After Brexit changed Work Permit rules, that had effect from 1. january 2021 he will get it easily. 

He played 2 out of 7 international matches for Senegal who is ranked 22 on FIFA Ranking. Giving him 7 points in the new rule

He played 1594 minutes in League 1, giving him 7 points (Ligue 1 is in band 1, and he played 46,6% of the minutes this season)

Metz ended midtable in a band 1 league, which gives another 1 point

Then it seems like you are given 12 points if you were in the matchday squad in atleast one match in a domestic league in band 1.

Even without the last points he gets 15 points, which is the needed point for getting a work permit past Brexit.

These rules are a bit complicated, but players who play regulary in the band 1 leagues (PL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1) are almost autoqualified it seems like.

That’s pretty impressive knowledge there!

if my mate was to try to get a wife from a Russian catalogue,  but already has a missus here... what are his chances?

Shes 5’11 and blonde, and has two GCSE equivalents if that helps with the points stuff 👍🏽

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MentalM said:

After Brexit changed Work Permit rules, that had effect from 1. january 2021 he will get it easily. 

He played 2 out of 7 international matches for Senegal who is ranked 22 on FIFA Ranking. Giving him 7 points in the new rule

He played 1594 minutes in League 1, giving him 7 points (Ligue 1 is in band 1, and he played 46,6% of the minutes this season)

Metz ended midtable in a band 1 league, which gives another 1 point

Then it seems like you are given 12 points if you were in the matchday squad in atleast one match in a domestic league in band 1.

Even without the last points he gets 15 points, which is the needed point for getting a work permit past Brexit.

These rules are a bit complicated, but players who play regulary in the band 1 leagues (PL, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1) are almost autoqualified it seems like.

Really good explanation, thank you. 

The fee they're talking about seems high to me, but presumably that would also play in his favour if he wasn't already guaranteed the points. 

On 11/06/2021 at 12:17, Thug said:

That’s pretty impressive knowledge there!

if my mate was to try to get a wife from a Russian catalogue,  but already has a missus here... what are his chances?

Shes 5’11 and blonde, and has two GCSE equivalents if that helps with the points stuff 👍🏽

You’re asking for a mate you say........

• Haha 1

Â