Euro 2020 : Group E (Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden)

BOF

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Punditry is inherently flawed due to the assumption that former players have insight. I don't mind Richards, but Rio is so thick I expect he needs assistance to find his way into the recording studio every night.

Rio "I've written down some words" Ferdinand

The. Cat. Sat. On. A. Hat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Rio "I've written down some words" Ferdinand

The. Cat. Sat. On. A. Hat. 

Me after he said that. "Oh my word he's going to deliver some absolute knowledge and insight here."

"Passive. Slow. Lethargic."

Cheers Rio. I just **** watched that shit. I ain't got 80 caps for England but even a nobody like me worked out it was garbage.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was about to come on and moan about Murphy. No need to, my views have been covered eloquently by others. 

Honestly I hated Lawro but now with Murphy and Dixon we have two clones, one for either channel.  Does my head in.

• Sad 1

For whatever reason the Swedish squad found it a good idea to break the quarantine bubble and bring in 3 hairdressers to style the players ahead of the Slovakia game.

Strange decision especially since they already had Covid among the players in the squad. Won the game thou and I'm sure they all looked suitably dapper but can't wrap my head around their thinking.

• Like 1

Albin Ekdal walk off Sweden training early today as he's nursing an injury :crylaugh:

Can't wait for him to retire from international football. I mean I've nothing really against him, he's a solid alibi player who's OK-ish at most things but not good at anything. But he's always injured, always. And it's well past time we gave his starting spot to one of the younger guys like Svanberg or Cajuste. Ekdal needs to retire along with Lustig, Granqvist, Berg, Larsson (who actually still pulls his weight) and Gustav Svensson

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Albin Ekdal walk off Sweden training early today as he's nursing an injury :crylaugh:

Can't wait for him to retire from international football. I mean I've nothing really against him, he's a solid alibi player who's OK-ish at most things but not good at anything. But he's always injured, always. And it's well past time we gave his starting spot to one of the younger guys like Svanberg or Cajuste. Ekdal needs to retire along with Lustig, Granqvist, Berg, Larsson (who actually still pulls his weight) and Gustav Svensson

He has played 32 out of 38 games in each of the last 3 seasons. He played more minutes than Svanberg this season in Serie A

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has played 32 out of 38 games in each of the last 3 seasons. He played more minutes than Svanberg this season in Serie A

And done a mediocre game pretty much every time. I watch him quite a lot for Sampdoria and he's almost always touch and go if he's going to be able to play the game.

Credit to him that actually plays when he's not 100% unlike someone like Sturridge.

There is talk about him moving back to Allsvenskan and I  hope he does.

On 21/06/2021 at 12:24, sne said:

out of the old guard Sebbe Larsson is one of the few that stills does a job imo.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

out of the old guard Sebbe Larsson is one of the few that stills does a job imo.

Yeah I agree. I've never liked him and still don't but he does do a good job most of the time. Fully get why Andersson made him captain.

What's the Swedish feeling before the game? It's not really a must win, do you think it will be a 100% performance or a bit of a cool down before the knockouts? 

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

What's the Swedish feeling before the game? It's not really a must win, do you think it will be a 100% performance or a bit of a cool down before the knockouts? 

They are resting some of the older players like Berg and Larsson

Â