Euro 2020 : Group E (Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden)

BOF

GROUP E
POL.png?imwidth=158Poland
SVK.png?imwidth=158Slovakia
ESP.png?imwidth=158Spain
SWE.png?imwidth=158Sweden

14/06 @ 17:00 - Poland v Slovakia (St.Petersburg)
14/06 @ 20:00 - Spain v Sweden    (Seville)

18/06 @ 14:00 - Sweden v Slovakia (St.Petersburg)
18/06 @ 20:00 - Spain v Poland    (Seville)

23/06 @ 17:00 - Sweden v Poland   (St.Petersburg)
23/06 @ 17:00 - Slovakia v Spain  (Seville)

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

We will win this group. We have Andreas Granqvist.

I seen him play live 3 years ago in Swedish 2nd division. He was struggling to move back then 😂

• Haha 1

It's got to be the first time ever that a Spanish squad for a finals tournament has no Real Madrid players in it. That's just mental.  Even if he did decide to only pick 24 players from a possible 26 and controversially dropped Sergio Ramos.

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I seen him play live 3 years ago in Swedish 2nd division. He was struggling to move back then 😂

And he's been injured ever since.

Piatek already out for Poland and potentially Milik as who suffered a knee injury in the final game for Marseille.

Good news for them that Lewandowski fella looks pretty solid.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Piatek already out for Poland and potentially Milik as who suffered a knee injury in the final game for Marseille.

Good news for them that Lewandowski fella looks pretty solid.

Honestly not huge losses.

Piatek it turns out isn't very good, and Milik is pretty unanimously hated by every club he's played for.

This Poland team would be genuinely a threat if they had another 3-4 quality players. Its just the players you haven't heard of are barely champ quality 

9 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Piatek it turns out isn't very good, and Milik is pretty unanimously hated by every club he's played for.

This Poland team would be genuinely a threat if they had another 3-4 quality players. Its just the players you haven't heard of are barely champ quality 

Pretty much about as Sweden only Poland have the best attacker in the world playing for them.

28 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Well, yes, but Sousa plays 2 strikers and this is a problem since 2/3 good ones are out.

Hopefully Milik will be back, he has hit some form since leaving Napoli (I think 9 goals in 14?) so his absence will be visible should he not make it.

As expected Sweden have the oldest squad in the tournament with an average age of 29,2 (same as Belgium) And that's after we replaced a 39 y.o Zlatan with 23 y.o Jordan Larsson.

Turkey (25.0 years) and England (25.3) have the youngest squads.

• Like 2

Sweden starting with Alexander Isak and Dejan Kulusevski up front in tonight's friendly against Armenia. Not sure how the rest of the team will be set up but that is a really interesting front 2.

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Sweden starting with Alexander Isak and Dejan Kulusevski up front in tonight's friendly against Armenia. Not sure how the rest of the team will be set up but that is a really interesting front 2.

Being a polish supporter, I think our game with Sweden will be very good and tough to call - I can't wait! 

• Like 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

Being a polish supporter, I think our game with Sweden will be very good and tough to call - I can't wait! 

Yeah it's a tough one. You have Lewandowski thou 😬

Could go either way, Sweden are usually better than the sum of their parts but it's a very old squad and the CM is likely not great depending on how we choose to set up.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Yeah it's a tough one. You have Lewandowski thou 😬

Could go either way, Sweden are usually better than the sum of their parts but it's a very old squad and the CM is likely not great depending on how we choose to set up.

Last game of the stage as well so likely the winner is going through with Spain

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Last game of the stage as well so likely the winner is going through with Spain

3 can go through 

Both beat Slovakia and play a sporting draw. Sweden have history  of it 😉

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

3 can go through 

Both beat Slovakia and play a sporting draw. Sweden have history  of it 😉

Nice! I'm so indifferent about this tournament that I actually have no clue about the format :D 

10 hours ago, sne said:

Nice! I'm so indifferent about this tournament that I actually have no clue about the format :D 

Me too

But I think the timing of the pubs reopening here and people starting to venture out means that this could benefit from a life back to normal element that's going to be very weird 

Add to that the world cup is in November so this is the last summer tournament for a while, if the sun is hot and the beer is cold this could end up being good

Working from home too so won't miss a thing 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Me too

But I think the timing of the pubs reopening here and people starting to venture out means that this could benefit from a life back to normal element that's going to be very weird 

Add to that the world cup is in November so this is the last summer tournament for a while, if the sun is hot and the beer is cold this could end up being good

Working from home too so won't miss a thing 

Yeah, I'll make sure to hype myself up this week. Not really too fuzzed about how Sweden fare tbh. They have zero chance of hurting the big boys in the latter stages, but would be fun if they at least reached the knock outs.

Edit. should add that having fans back in the stadiums, even if just a couple thousands makes a huge difference for me. The games feel alive now unlike the anemic shit we've seen up until now.

Have next week then I go on a 9 week holiday so I'm gonna soak it all in and just chill. 

Edited by sne

Sergio Busquets tests positive for Covid and is now isolated from the rest of the Spain squad. They might be forced to play the final friendly against Lithuania with their U-21's.

Considering Sweden play them in the first game I hope they have to forfeit :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â