Euro 2020 : Group E (Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden)

BOF

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To follow that bizarre logic he could score with his chest, head and upper shoulder, and neck.

But that's not the point. He was offside and got an advantage of it. Thus it should have been offside.

No he wasn't

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It was clearly onside. They took the frame from the other camera and showed more precisely when the ball left the foot. Inches on.

Are they showing different VAR angles from country to country?

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Are they showing different VAR angles from country to country?

They showed a replay after the decision was made, not the one that was broadcast live as it was being made.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

They showed a replay after the decision was made, not the one that was broadcast live as it was being made.

I saw the VAR replay here and that was definitely offside, i.e. he had parts of his body offside and gained a benefit from it.

But if they send different VAR replays in other countries, fair enough.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I saw the VAR replay here and that was definitely offside, i.e. he had parts of his body offside and gained a benefit from it.

But if they send different VAR replays in other countries, fair enough.

Both his feet were well behind the last defender. The second the lines come out and a shoulder is "offside" an arm is "offside" a heel is "offside" when standing back to goal I want to die.

Nobody wants that kind of accuracy. Nobody.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah unfortunately that's the view of the clearings in the woods in English referee association that have absolutely ruined the game for everyone the past 2 years.

I sort of understand where you're coming from. I don't really like it either. Maybe I'm just used to the PL VAR. But considering they are using videos and have a room filled with people I thought they could differentiate the nuances. i.e. not all movement advantages needs to be offside. The degree comes into play etc.

Seem like tiki taka is imprinted into Spain's DNA.

Even without Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta they are still doing it despite it not looking very effective anymore

Edited by villalad21

Â