Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Big shame.

Not his biggest fan and don't actually think he'd have started at Newcastle but when you're 12th/13th in line you're still going to play loads of minutes given our fixture load up to January.

Will be a big miss v Everton and Burnley as he always scores against those two.

We'll sign another attacker by start of next week as it's a little bit more urgent with the european games not too far away.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Big shame.

Not his biggest fan and don't actually think he'd have started at Newcastle but when you're 12th/13th in line you're still going to play loads of minutes given our fixture load up to January.

Will be a big miss v Everton and Burnley as he always scores against those two.

We'll sign another attacker by start of next week as it's a little bit more urgent with the european games not too far away.

He would definitely have started v Newcastle. He did when we beat them 3-0 and don't see why he wouldn't again, the only new player getting ahead of him is Diaby but the 3-0 was obviously with Ramsey fit and in the team too, who will also be missing this weekend.

Emi is crucial to how Unai's Villa play. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He would definitely have started v Newcastle. He did when we beat them 3-0 and don't see why he wouldn't again, the only new player getting ahead of him is Diaby but the 3-0 was obviously with Ramsey fit and in the team too, who will also be missing this weekend.

Emi is crucial to how Unai's Villa play. 

Agree, think he was going to have a great season from LM for us. 

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

Emery has literally said it'd be 6-8 months. I don't know why you're so certain that he definitely won't play at all this season, and why you seem to think there's a good chance his career is now effectively over at the top level?

If you look at carlos its taken almost a year foe him ti be starting games like he was before injury. I wouls say same with buendia. He ia younger though so that will hopedully help

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you look at carlos its taken almost a year foe him ti be starting games like he was before injury. I wouls say same with buendia. He ia younger though so that will hopedully help

Every player is different and every injury is different. All we can go by is what Emery has said.

2 hours ago, Icarium said:

Honestly, the fact that an injury like this seems to happen to us every season makes me really question what the hell our medical department is doing.

Well it's the first cruciate ligament injury we've had in a few years unless I'm forgetting someone. Every team has bad injuries but as Villa supporters we probably don't notice/care as much.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Icarium said:

Honestly, the fact that an injury like this seems to happen to us every season makes me really question what the hell our medical department is doing.

Honestly, I can't believe you think someone doing their ACL has anything to do with the medical department. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I’m surprised that some posters don’t rate Emi and don’t think he’d be a regular starter for us this season.

Even when he’s not totally on his game he’s an all action, in-your-face terrier of a player, who must be a horrible little shit of a player to play against. His effort and work rate are immense. He brings so much to the team and in my opinion will be a massive loss. 

We’re better placed now than we have been for years to manage with the loss of such a key player, but it’s still a huge blow and for me too, it has put a dampener on my pre-season optimism.

100%. He gets pelters at times but he covers a gelluva lotta ground and fills in a lot of the spaces that get over looked. He would have been central to this season's Emery side.

Nicolo Zaniolo was back playing 6 months after an ACL injury so we can hope Emi heals quickly and is back playing in Feb or March fingers crossed. 

I am hopeful we will make the right signings to cover for him. Monchi likes to use Loan market and I think his contact list means he can really do well in getting our squad balanced this season after this big loss to a key player.

Edited by CVByrne

7 hours ago, Icarium said:

Not sure how the medical team can be held responsible for injuries that occur in matches/ training.

41 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

What’s the latest on when the other two are due back? 

After the next break for  international games was mentioned as a possibility. That would be for the Palace game on Saturday 16th September at Villa Park.

8 hours ago, Icarium said:

If someone injured you in a sunday league game you would blame the doctor would you?

Edited by MSvillain

Â