Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, VillanousOne said:

Won't even get on the bench this season don't worry bruv. Performance was a fluke because he was being remote operated by father Ted.

‘Wait a minute… these are fake hands!’.

Great episode. We could do with Father Romeo Sensini ourselves..

• Haha 1

People do it every year, friendly games aren't a good way to judge players, they're basically just training games, last night Mings was even joking about conceding three goals during the game, it didn't matter, can't read too much into it in terms of individual player performances good or bad.

I'd make an exception for Young and Kellyman as as seventeen year olds they were playing well above their age group, so can take big positives from their performance despite being just a friendly.

Hopefully Buendia can have a good season but this morning doesn't really tell us anything.

48 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I only watched the first half but he was absolute quality.

Yes, pre-season etc, but against good opposition, and everyone writing him off needs to have a word. He's got bags to offer. 

One good match isn't going to change the doubters' minds.  Buendia's problem isn't ability, it's consistency.  If he plays like that 7 or 8 games in a row, then people might stop writing him off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

‘Wait a minute… these are fake hands!’.

Great episode. We could do with Father Romeo Sensini ourselves..

17 caps for the Vatican over 75s. Looks after himself, drinks only very, very fine wine. Can climb two flights of stairs unassisted, needs only one nun to help him get out of a chair.

Would be a fantastic signing. Goes down very easily though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like DL he's been a slow burner for us. This could be the season he really clicks and with better players ahead of him this season more of those passes will have someone on the receiving end converting them, can feel a big season ahead for him. 

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Looked really good, stronger as well so less likely to be knocked off the ball like last season. Hopefully this will be a big season for him.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Has he bulked up a bit?

Yes I noticed that. Will definitely help him as he did get bullied too easily last term.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Has he bulked up a bit?

As I posted above, I think so. I think both he and McGinn have been doing upper body training over the summer, as they completely dominated the Newcastle players they were up against. 

• Thanks 1

I’m not his biggest fan but he was very good last night. I liked the fact he was putting more weight on his passes, too many times he under hits them that lead to counter attacks. 

Â