Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

To be fair - I think Newcastle played him horribly. Joelinton and Bruno were nowhere to be found over and over again. Kept getting drawn into Luiz and Dendoncker and allowed Buendia space behind them with no one marking! Emi himself must’ve been stunned to receive the ball on the half turn to find no one around him. 

Im sure Scharr saw him but was terrified of following him and leaving Botman to deal with Ollie alone. 

I'm a big fan, but I have noted the amount of times he is easily dispossessed in midfield, especially with his back to goal and pressure as soon as he receives the ball.

Not so today. Superb.

He twisted and turned, even won back possession up the pitch and got under Dan Burn's skin (McGinn finished the job). Found so much space between the lines as their midfield struggled to contain us. Some lovely passing and through balls. Great performance

I thought this was perhaps his best game in a Villa shirt, he found so much space between their midfield and defence and was involved in everything. Really promising to see that he had such a good game against a team in the top 4. Previously I had some doubts if he could perform against the top teams, today he showed that.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

How has Ramsey got the assist on both FPL and Livescore for the third? I swear he didn't touch it?

I had to watch and rewind highlights. Looks like he heel flicked Buendia pass to Ollie. Changed direction slightly

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Brilliant performance today. 150% effort with a top draw performance.   

He did so much running his legs were gone with 20 mins to go but he still managed to positively effect the game. He gave every single thing he had today and then quite a lot more as well. 

He was a hero today but just one amongst 11. 

• Like 2

Â