Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Thought he had a poor game offensively but would have probably looked better watching the game in person. feel he did more defensive work that goes unnoticed on TV. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I wish you'd stop coming on here now spouting the same bollox game after game. You're becoming very boring. 

After every game its moan, moan moan like a little bitch.  Either Traore, Bailey, Buendia you just moan about everything. 

I don’t. I just think the players you mention are a waste of money and mostly rubbish. 

I know there’s the eye test in his general play and what his involvement will be (should be) if we want to push up the table…but his numbers aren’t terrible. 

Since he’s been here he’s played the equivalent minutes of around 33 league matches for us and he’s chalked up 13 goal contributions (7 goals, 6 assists).

Numbers alone…it’s not bad. 

A but like the Spurs game - got nothing going in the first half when Leeds were all over us. Credit to them, despite most of it being dirty tackles after the ball was released. Got into it in the 2nd half and always gunning it into the box. Can’t fault the workrate. 

I think I’m beginning to come to terms that he’s not a player that can take over a game because he lacks that pace, dribble, and can needlessly give the ball away. When the team is on, he’s in the center of it but when we’re under the gun, he can’t seem to dig us out. 

But he offers a lot of defensive workrate so I imagine he won’t be kept out on that alone (and our growing injury list). 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 3

Took him a while to get into the game on the ball but that header was not easy at all

His off the ball workrate is incredible just like Watkins managers will love him

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I wish you'd stop coming on here now spouting the same bollox game after game. You're becoming very boring. 

After every game its moan, moan moan like a little bitch.  Either Traore, Bailey, Buendia you just moan about everything. 

Agree with most of that but I thought Traore was anonymous today tbf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Thought he had a poor game offensively but would have probably looked better watching the game in person. feel he did more defensive work that goes unnoticed on TV. 

I watched on TV and his work rate is very clear. His running stats must be really high because he is always defensively keen and was all over the pitch

This might be a problem too as he might be too helpful defensively that he is really tired when we have the ball or he is out of position going forward. I think I read Ferguson had a similar problem with Rooney that he had to be told to stay further forward

These goals give him a chance to try again for some form. His celebrations have a bit of JPA about them, and Villa Park will always rise for a bit of that.

Lightly put, Id give his celebration a higher rating than his all round game but he has a chance to build some momentum at St Mary’s otherwise I think we’ll be seeing a new signing coming predominantly for his position. Coutinho does better from the bench so its still Emis shirt to lose atm

I still love Buendia...  Never stops running and gives his all every game.  2 goals in the last 3 Premier League games isn't a fluke.  I think he's a good fit for this system, but we need another willing runner opposite him on the other flank.  

"BuT hE gIvEs ThE bAlL aWaY!1!11!!!"  lol...  Give it up already...

• Like 2

Emery clearly loves him. His workrate alone keeps him in the team I imagine. He also finds space in between the lines better than Coutinho whose movement isn't really the best. We look a lot more dangerous on the counter with him on the pitch than without.

• Like 1

Â