Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Loses the ball needlessly again, Stevenage break and get a corner. They score from that corner. It's not good enough to be that careless on the ball.

Twice within 30 seconds of the penalty. Just when we needed some composure to see out the game for at least a replay, he somehow manages to give the ball away twice within 30 seconds of the restart. I’ve had enough of looking at him give the ball away. He has to be out on his own on stats for losing possession. It’s infuriating. 

1 minute ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Twice within 30 seconds of the penalty. Just when we needed some composure to see out the game for at least a replay, he somehow manages to give the ball away twice within 30 seconds of the restart. I’ve had enough of looking at him give the ball away. He has to be out on his own on stats for losing possession. It’s infuriating. 

He can dribble but I don't know why he's so brainless in the middle of the park. Keep it tight and simple. By gawd, it's really 101 football stuff.

Didn’t clock that it was Buendia giving the ball away for the corner.

I thought he was ok, one or two incisive passes which ultimately amounted to nought. But admittedly nothing that will convince those who aren’t fans.

I don’t think he’s going to prove to be the key for a European spot, but I think he’s a reasonable option to have and waaaaay down the list of players who I would look to move on. 

On 05/01/2023 at 12:11, PaulC said:

Last season it was Watkins this season buendia. There always has to be one player that's picked on. I'm sure he's aware he can do better. 

Tbf also Coutinho. And Bailey. And still Watkins. And the reason is that none of them are good enough. 

• Like 1

It’s a toss up as to who’s the bigger waste of money, him or Bailey. 

All that Grealish money, wasted.

Buendia and Bailey are barely an upgrade on Trezeguet, Traore and El Ghazi. I think most people are starting to realise that. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia and Bailey are barely an upgrade on Trezeguet, Traore and El Ghazi. I think most people are starting to realise that. 

Add Coutinho onto the list.

If I were the owners and this much of my money had been pissed up the wall, heads would be rolling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Loses the ball needlessly again, Stevenage break and get a corner. They score from that corner. It's not good enough to be that careless on the ball.

Both goals ultimately came from him losing the ball. Unfortunately we looked much worse when he came on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Both goals ultimately came from him losing the ball. Unfortunately we looked much worse when he came on. 

Exactly. He has become a liability. It was similar against Wolves when I counted 6 occasions he needlessly passed straight to a wolves player, often resulting in a dangerous counter. I thought this guy was supposed to be able to thread the eye of a needle with a pass forwards? Clearly this was incorrect!

• Like 1

Buendias been a a flop for mez. For 40m he has been a big time let down.

Doesnt score enough, isnt consistent, his passing his poor. For 40m you would expect he can do these things. Man who the hell thoughtt hw is worth 40m? We spent almost 55m on him and dendonker ffs

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I'm just baffled how he just surrenders the ball in the middle of the park rarely under pressure. Just mindless for a player who can dribble. He's a liability right now.

Grealishs £100m has been completely wasted.

Ings, Bailey , Buendia have all failed. If we sold them you would be lucky to get £40m.

Ings can't play 90 mins

Bailey's confidence is completely shot

Buendia, is just not quite as good as we hoped he would be.

Too many gambles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He can dribble but I don't know why he's so brainless in the middle of the park. Keep it tight and simple. By gawd, it's really 101 football stuff.

When people wanted to have Buendia play as an 8 my concern was just that, his huge risk taking, all the time. You don’t want that close to your own goal.

The problem recently is that he doesn’t add as much going forward either.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is where I am at. I’ve never been a massive Buendia fan but was happy for him to get a run in the team. He’s just not good enough along with many others. 

23 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Ings, Bailey , Buendia have all failed. If we sold them you would be lucky to get £40m.

Ings can't play 90 mins

Too many gambles

I agree, there were fans on here thinking Buendia could go to a club bigger than us. I said it in the summer we will be lucky to get half our money back. Hopefully Norwich get promoted and want him back, then we can have their trousers down. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Lol pinning the first goal on him losing the ball prior is hilarious. He was only one doing successful incisive passes when he came on albeit lost the ball a few times. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Ings can't play 90 mins

Too many gambles

Discussed this in the Bailey thread. What do you do differently? Benefit of hindsight.

I think Buendia is here regardless, he was bought towards the start of the summer, Grealish sold towards the end. Do you bring in a £60m left winger? So it’s Buendia and new £60m left winger. Can we attract a £60m player? But then we only have Watkins up front. He gets injured, do we give Davis a call?

We’re never going to have a definitive answer and I think we’ve overspent a bit on Buendia but I think he has his uses, Ings I’m generally ok with, Bailey I’m worried about. 

I think the idea was to move away from relying on one player. Instead of having one 10/10 player, have three 8/10 players. The problem is that Buendia and Ings are more like 6 or 7 and Bailey’s good moments are too infrequent, and is often less than a 5.

Fwiw I think we would get more than £40m back if we sold them all tmw. Not all the money back, but more than 40. We made our money back on Matt Targett, we can get near it with Buendia.

I think there is a very good player in there somewhere but we have to find a way to get the best ouf of him.

The one thing I will say that him and Bailey have had 3 managers now, 3 different systems in just over a year or so. It's not ideal for anyone.

• Like 1

Â