Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Still not a great game. 

But I think clearly liked by Unai for his application and understanding of his defensive assignments as well. 

One of the reasons Arsenal are clicking so well is because their creative players are also dogged defensively and Buendia can provide the same tenacity playing LWB at times. 

Yes, he needs to produce more in the final third but I think we will continue to see him start and hope that he can be more influential against lesser opposition. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

Just now, DJBOB said:

Still not a great game. 

But I think clearly liked by Unai for his application and understanding of his defensive assignments as well. 

One of the reasons Arsenal are clicking so well is because their creative players are also dogged defensively and Buendia can provide the same tenacity playing LWB. 

Yes, he needs to produce more in the final third but I think we will continue to see him start and hope that he can be more influential against lesser opposition. 

Thought he played well, and was unlucky not to have an assist on top of the goal.

His defensive work rate was excellent, and he kept possession in some very tricky situations, as well as always looking to spring attacks on the transition.

The issue with him sometimes is his decision making and composure in the final third… tends to get his wired crossed with teammates… but I think Emery will help him there, and he does enough elsewhere on the pitch to justify his selection.

• Like 2

Didn't understand the criticism of him today. Worked hard for the team scored a good goal, created a good opportunity for Watkins and did his part. Need to sick with him. He will grow in confidence and start to produce.

• Like 2

Defensively all game he was brilliant second half his attacking was much better. Very good goal too at a key moment in the game. That’s what was lacking against Liverpool in both boxes not being decisive at the key moments.

• Like 2

Agreed @Delphinho123 he was poor (on the ball) first half. He did the though set the tempo defensively really well throughout the game and also stepped up at some crucial moments in attacking phase.

When we’ve won 3/4 all against top half teams we don’t need to talk about weak links. They have all been team efforts. 

• Like 2

Saw the best and worst of emi today. First half he was pretty awful. Losing the ball cheaply, sloppy passes ans overal game just poor. 2nd half he grew into game and showed a very classy finish which we know he know he can do. But the goal for him is to do this consistently 

• Like 1

Had some immaculate touches in the 2nd half after his goal. A confidence player who needs building up after Steven buried him on the bench for his pet project.  Let him make that left wing position his in Emreys 442. I think we have so much more to see from him. 

People are quick to write players off. It wasn't long ago that some on here were calling for us to sell Luiz. Looking at his thread today he appears to be the reincarnation of Pele.

Buendia has a lot of talent and is only just getting a run in the team after his summer transfer. Let's see how he is next season after working with Emery for a while. 

• Like 2

In the first half his defensive work was key. He didn’t effect the game with the ball but he didn’t do anything wrong either maybe the odd loose pass. In the second half he tore spurs a new proverbial.

The pass for Ollie when he (Ollie) took a second too long was sublime.

• Like 1

I think he'll be a vital cog to Emery's system. He has the workrate, defensive capabilities and clear attacking quality to play that role perfectly. 

Was a bit rubbish first half but still ended up being a big part of the win. Should be a mainstay of the side and long may it continue. 

• Like 3

Buendia does have an eye for goal, particularly headers, today was definitely not his finest game but he still got on the scoresheet with a cool finish, he definitely scores more goals than the majority of our midfield, probably with the exception of Ramsey. I like him, its fine to have games like this as long as he has match winning moments

The OS match report says he had an "easy first time finish' which I strongly disagree with... I find that a strange thing to say as Lloris had got back in front of goal, plus there was a Spurs outfield player in front of it too... So Emi had to get the ball in either that corner or the other one, preferably with power, and that's what he did. Great finish.

But given that he didn't have a good first half today I think it's strange of Crooks to have put him in his team of the week rather than, say, Kamara or Young. (He has also put Luiz in it). Anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â