Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

His vision alone is an invaluable asset - he sees and attempts passes that many players would not. They might not come off all the time but you've always got a chance of scoring with someone who can spot runners and opportunities like he can. 

To say he was criminally wasted by Gerrard is an understatement. 

please, please let this be the end of us wasting Buendia's talent.

i may be biased, but i love the guy, he should be one of the first name on the teamsheet imo.

• Like 4

I love Buendia.  He's my favorite player in the squad and today was one of the few times that we lined up and actually played to his strengths.  Needs players around him to make runs in behind defenders and draw defenders away from him so he can drive the ball forward and pick the right pass.  Needs to be the player we build around going forward because he has the ability to be one of the best players in the Premier League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was good he wasnt shit but felt he tried too many things that didnt come off....

I know he will get better😉

Fair enough, but I think that's just his game. He's a risk taker. You're supposed to take some risks when you're playing the final ball. It's when you're advancing the ball through midfield that you don't want to play risky passes.

Besides, when you're already up 3-0, you can afford to have fun and take risks.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TomC said:

Fair enough, but I think that's just his game. He's a risk taker. You're supposed to take some risks when you're playing the final ball. It's when you're advancing the ball through midfield that you don't want to play risky passes.

Besides, when you're already up 3-0, you can afford to have fun and take risks.

See him after starting it that role after 3 or 4 games. Forgetting his immense vision his pressing was brilliant today winning the ball back on many occasions or causing an error 

• Like 2

I don't know, he was busy and industrious and involved, but I do think he's still a bit lightweight at times and so many of his through-balls just don't succeed. He hasn't got the inch-perfect weight of pass that Grealish had and his plays always seem to be a bit obvious and easily cut out.

He wasn't bad today by any means, but was he as effective as he really needs to be?

Still, 1000x better than Coutinho was....

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

I don't know, he was busy and industrious and involved, but I do think he's still a bit lightweight at times and so many of his through-balls just don't succeed. He hasn't got the inch-perfect weight of pass that Grealish had and his plays always seem to be a bit obvious and easily cut out.

He wasn't bad today by any means, but was he as effective as he really needs to be?

New formation, new shape and new role, watch the lad fly after a couple of games 

54 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really didn’t think he was that great today!

I actually agree. I mean he played well and deserve more starts, but wasn't that much of a stand out IMO.

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

See him after starting it that role after 3 or 4 games. Forgetting his immense vision his pressing was brilliant today winning the ball back on many occasions or causing an error 

He was excellent at this today. He's endeavour in trying to win the ball and get us moving is second to none. Such a grafter with a wonderful eye for a pass. 

I don't get why people think he's lightweight. Often he wins the ball or steals it from much more physical players. 

I think he's great and needs to start more frequently. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He did lose it a couple times to and have some stray passes to be fair.

However, on the whole, yes, he was great.

I was saying to the lad during the game after Coutinho came on. 

Buendia does lose the ball from time to time but pretty much always when he's trying to do something with it. Coutinho however often lost the ball when just ambling around with it. 

Thing is with Buendia you will lose the ball frequently if you are attempting difficult eye of the needle stuff.  Anyone can be tidy on the ball and have great possession stats buly just making save unadventurous passes all the time. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He's historically been the 2nd best passer of through balls in England behind only De Bruyne. He still doesn't really have chemistry with the front line atm, and none of them have the movement that pukki did to take advantage of his attempts. 

Â