Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Do you think nobody else watched the game? LOL.he had one shot on goal straight at the keeper,did nothing else until he was subbed,watkins scored a goal at least Bailey played him through but Buendia was the best player in the first half? 

First half he was the only one linking play and keeping the ball in that attacking 3rd. Watkins constantly gave it away and Bailey was non existent.

Buendia wasn't great but it was a shit half of football and for me, him and Martinez were the only 2 to come out with any credit. 

• Like 2

On 06/08/2022 at 13:33, Anything11 said:

Love Emi and believe we should work out a way for him to start most games.

However, I can remember many instances when he has started games and not been all that great. Out of position and giving the ball away quite a lot. So I can understand some reservations from the coaching staff about him starting.

And today we learnt why he doesn't start.

14 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

And today we learnt why he doesn't start.

Seems like the rope for Emi is unfairly taut for whatever reason. He was our best outfield player today, if he shouldn't start, nobody should.

Everything you listed there about him (which he didn't do much of today) applies to Coutinho, but x2. Since it's apparently a straight shot between the 2 of them, I know who I'd pick (ideally I wouldn't need to pick of course).

• Like 1

He deserves to start but feel he’s better when coming of the bench, looks better against tiring teams. Either way I’m not sure he has the stamina and consistency to carry this team like Grealish did. 

• Like 1

He's always looking to get on the ball and progress it. The only one between the midfield and attack trying to link it all up with quick passing and movement, trying to keep the tempo going. I'm just not sure anyone is on his wave length, we started with a decent pace yesterday but within about 15 mins it was as normal.

• Like 1

Well if nothing else, Buendia's performance yesterday should quieten down the "Buendia should start every game and everything will be great" crowd.

Here's a newsflash guys, maybe, just maybe the reason Buendia and Coutinho cant hit consistent top form isnt because of them, maybe there's an underlying root cause and we all know what it is.

21 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Well if nothing else, Buendia's performance yesterday should quieten down the "Buendia should start every game and everything will be great" crowd.

Here's a newsflash guys, maybe, just maybe the reason Buendia and Coutinho cant hit consistent top form isnt because of them, maybe there's an underlying root cause and we all know what it is.

So its the managers fault?

On 21/08/2022 at 09:41, WHY said:

He deserves to start but feel he’s better when coming of the bench, looks better against tiring teams. Either way I’m not sure he has the stamina and consistency to carry this team like Grealish did. 

I think he has much more of an impact coming off the bench too.

If 2 players who most agree have a decent level of talent both stink when they start the game in a certain system then maybe it's not the player who is at fault. 

On 20/08/2022 at 22:07, 1974Centenary said:

People should watch the game make your own minds up,Buendia did nothing to justify starting next game.nothing.

By that yard-stick… none of the 11 justified starting the next game.  None.

• Like 2

Â