Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

You can criticise his selection choices - he got it wrong against Everton when not picking Emi, taking clips out of context or removing the part where he praises Emi is just really unnecessary also. 

I disagree, the context is his reaction to the question which was odd. 

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I disagree, the context is his reaction to the question which was odd. 

I don’t think he handled the question most appropriately - but people editing the full clip down isn’t going to help either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t think he handled the question most appropriately - but people editing the full clip down isn’t going to help either. 

He always praises Emi though that’s not the issue, the issue is he doesn’t play him enough regardless of his performances. And I’m glad we’re starting to get questions about it 

• Like 2

He's already put an explanation forward last week on Buendia. This was last Saturday. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-makes-emi-buendia-24752062?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

“He was winning the race for a starting slot and he got a muscle injury in a behind-closed-doors against Fulham. He missed close to a week and his training performance was slightly off from where he was prior to the injury so we’ve been patient with him and haven’t felt the need to risk him and start him from the beginning because of the muscle injury which you don’t know about.

“So before you point stuff my way, you need to get the right information in tact. I think I’ve done the right thing with Emi which is to protect his health. We put him on today when the team needed energy and quality and he delivered. Nobody’s a bigger fan than Emi Buendia than me.”

• Like 1

One thing for certain is Buendia has never let Gerrard down. Near enough everytime he gets brought on, he does something, looks bright, creates chances. He then rested Coutinho away at Turf Moor, Buendia scores and assists. Started him again at home to Burnley, scored. Came on last week, scored. He cant do much more, we can all see it, the players can see it. He admitted he was going to start at Bournemouth, so Gerrard can see it too. Hell even Coutinho must see it so I cant see him not being very close tomorrow.

My issue is that it Buendia does start, and cant get into the game for whatever reason, I bet he’ll come straight back out the next week and wont get a run like Coutinho gets regardless of form.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Im surprised Emi is still with us.If that was me,I would have asked for a transfer long ago. 

He’s clearly very happy here. It’s a squad game after all. He might even start on Saturday, he’s being introduced back after injury. People need to chill. There’s no conspiracy against him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villanmac said:

He's already put an explanation forward last week on Buendia. This was last Saturday. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-makes-emi-buendia-24752062?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

“He was winning the race for a starting slot and he got a muscle injury in a behind-closed-doors against Fulham. He missed close to a week and his training performance was slightly off from where he was prior to the injury so we’ve been patient with him and haven’t felt the need to risk him and start him from the beginning because of the muscle injury which you don’t know about.

“So before you point stuff my way, you need to get the right information in tact. I think I’ve done the right thing with Emi which is to protect his health. We put him on today when the team needed energy and quality and he delivered. Nobody’s a bigger fan than Emi Buendia than me.”

Mate this has been posted multiple times, but it doesn't suit the narrative.

Similarly to the Mings situation.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate this has been posted multiple times, but it doesn't suit the narrative.

Similarly to the Mings situation.

Problem is the words don't always match the actions. 

Last season a perfect example. 

I think Emi has to start tomorrow and I think he will. 

• Like 1

I miss Bruce's cliche rinse and repeat pre and post match conferences, much better than Gerrard just talking absolute shit.

"Mings has got to fight for his place like everyone else."

"Emi was excellent when he came on. Those are the performances we are looking from everyone and they need to be matched if anyone wants to start"

Is it that difficult? His man management doesn't make sense. It's like it's 2000 and he's digging at people constantly.

Edited by rodders0223

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I miss Bruce's cliche rinse and repeat pre and posr match conferences, much better than Gerrard just talking absolute shit.

I think he's starting to notice that his media trained answers just aren't washing anymore, which is why he's getting exasperated. There's only so many times he can say the same thing without people catching on 

Preece on Claret and Blue Podcast also saying something along the lines of:

" There is no issue whatsoever with Gerrard and Buendia.

Gerrard absolutely loves him and is just a bit wound up by all the loaded questions about him.

He's actually been trying to protect him as he has had niggling little injuries, but he absolutely loves him, and we could see him start tomorrow. "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Preece on Claret and Blue Podcast also saying something along the lines of:

" There is no issue whatsoever with Gerrard and Buendia.

Gerrard absolutely loves him and is just a bit wound up by all the loaded questions about him.

He's actually been trying to protect him as he has had niggling little injuries, but he absolutely loves him, and we could see him start tomorrow. "

The loaded question, in uh...question:

"From what I saw, it was a good performance from Emi Buendia on as a sub. Has he done enough in your mind to start a game?"

Sounds like a fairly standard question, no?

His response was to pivot to Leon Bailey who has started a game already this season.

It was an utterly stupid question, or at least a stupid way of asking it, 'Did you notice Buendia's performance?', of course he noticed Buendia's performance, the interviewer asking the question in the way that he did comes across as him having a go at Gerrard, but doing so in underhand manner, he could have just made reference to Buendia's good display and then asked that surely he deserves a start and maybe could have even made reference to that being a wish of the fans.

I feel like Gerrard would have been in his rights to react more angrily than he did, but watching the clip his response didn't seem that bad to me, he seemed pretty laid back, and him asking back if the reporter had seen Bailey play, came across to me as him just trying to include Bailey in the praise.

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The loaded question, in uh...question:

Sounds like a fairly standard question, no?

His response was to pivot to Leon Bailey who has started a game already this season.

Whether or not we want to do the standard villatalk pedantics and semantics, it's clear the question is framed as Buendia has done enough to start and you are not starting him. Yet the manager has given valid reasons why he hasn't started (this season) but those with an axe to grind won't have it.

Just now, villanmac said:

Whether or not we want to do the standard villatalk pedantics and semantics, it's clear the question is framed as Buendia has done enough to start and you are not starting him. Yet the manager has given valid reasons why he hasn't started (this season) but those with an axe to grind won't have it.

Has he given valid reasons?

I dont buy that Buendia has been carrying a niggle every week since February

• Like 2

Â