Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

18 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

While he has provided many decent cameo’s for us, I cannot remember the last time that he has completely transformed us like he did today. Everything just seemed so pedestrian until he came on, we really attacked with purpose from the second he arrived.

Surely he has to start against Palace, he simply has to. It is getting to the point where he simply cannot be left out.

Yes, he totally changed the complexion of the game.  His introduction changed us from night to day. 

• Like 1

He works hard. Fierce competitor. Always moving. Always looking to receive the ball. Always threading through passes. Aside from the first few months , when he plays he creates chances, good good quality chances forwards thrive on, balls played into space and through the lines. He's everything you want in a football. Ability. Work rate. Attitude.

...but he didn't bang on in for 25 yards 7 years ago for Liverpool at the kop.

Next!

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Happy,  sad,  hot, cold, angry,  elated, depress, confused, tingly, flushed, aroused, nonplussed, intrigued,  delighted, emotional, tired,  passionate,  thirsty,  dangerous,  high, low,  fruity,  incensed,  charitable,  horny?

I GOTTA KNOW!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is no defence of Gerrard at all but I think Emi is better when he comes off the bench. I’ve never seen him look as good when he starts even though I want him to start. 

edit: I know this sounds like I’m chatting shit but he seems to be playing with so much confidence without pressure. He’s not trying too hard, he’s just doing his thing. I actually think he is thriving on this I’m not a starter role and if he became the main man with weight on his shoulders he won’t be the same player.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

He's starting to influence how he did at Norwich, was a lovely second goal with his link up with Ollie. Would almost think from a distance that was Grealish running centrally so that's the impact we're now getting.

He'll be starting at Palace next week no danger. Think Coutinho needs to be taken out for a bit as he's just on the fringes too often now.

SG spoke more positively than ever about him yesterday. Said he was pushing for a start against Bournemouth and yesterday but he’d had a little fitness setback. But that he was close to getting that starting spot. I can’t remember his exact worlds but he seemed delighted with him and I reckon he’ll start against Palace. 

Yes, I know that I will be disappointed 2pm on Saturday.

• Like 1

Did more in the 30 mins he was on the pitch then Coutinho has in the last game and a half!  

Has to start next game,  if Gerrard starts his mate again then there is obviously favoritism going on! 

Without checking myself I'd hazard a guess that some of the context to that stat is that more often that not he's started with Coutinho in that 4-3-2-1 formation, which often hasn't worked as they're occupying the same areas, or by having similar responsibilities in turn have less players to provide service too etc.

I think the proof will be in him starting instead of Coutinho, either behind Watkins and Ings or with Bailey in for either. I think he's more than earned the chance to find out, and it's not like Coutinho can't also come on and have an impact on a game.

Â