Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, PieFacE said:

Gerrard just said that Emi was winning the battle in pre-season to start but only didn't due to his knock. So would expect him to start next game.

Gerrard says one thing, and does another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I'm not too worried about him not starting. After that performance he's basically undroppable and will be as long as he keeps it up.

He did this numerous times last season and was on the bench next game.

Normally I'd agree, but the manager has form.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

After that performance he's basically undroppable and will be as long as he keeps it up.

My concern is we've been here before.

Hopefully he starts next week, and all is well, but I'm not confident that he will.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He did this numerous times last season and was on the bench next game.

Normally I'd agree, but the manager has form.

I think we've reached the point now where dropping Buendia would simply cause Gerrard too many problems. Obviously ridiculous that it's like this given how talented he is, but I think he'll get a run of games now fitness permitting.

While he has provided many decent cameo’s for us, I cannot remember the last time that he has completely transformed us like he did today. Everything just seemed so pedestrian until he came on, we really attacked with purpose from the second he arrived.

Surely he has to start against Palace, he simply has to. It is getting to the point where he simply cannot be left out.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Gerrard just said that Emi was winning the battle in pre-season to start but only didn't due to his knock. So would expect him to start next game.

Yet could feature in the last games.

Emi with a knock moves more than Coutinho.

1 minute ago, jim said:

Whatever.

1 minute ago, jim said:

He spent ten minutes warming up on his own on the sidelines just before he came on

OK, sure. Players usually warm up at least once a half and at HT.

So you'd like Buendia to start? Or happy for bench again and Coutinho to continue? Just wondering.

Emi is our best player, and at the moment it looks like by a distance.

He is everything I want in a player for villa, technically fantastic, and equally as tenacious, quality and attitude.

And yet I have zero faith that Gerrard will start him next game.

• Like 2

Â