Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I can see what you mean but if the lineup, formation and strategy is right, a team including both of them could be very effective and is what we should be aiming to make happen.

If Gerrard goes back to playing Buendia and Coutinho together without making adjustments I’d get really pissed off.

He has played them together for a number of games and it clearly hasn’t worked, so if he intends to do it again they need different instructions. Otherwise it’ll just be like those games against Newcastle and Watford, with the area outside the box too crowded and our nr 10s trying to play through centrally.

Play Buendia by all means, but then Coutinho should be on the bench.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

4 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

It has been tried, but does not seem to work; they are probably too similar.

it has been tried in one particular formation with the wrong players around them and now we've scrapped our best player.  not good enough.

4 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If Gerrard goes back to playing Buendia and Coutinho together without making adjustments I’d get really pissed off.

He has played them together for a number of games and it clearly hasn’t worked, so if he intends to do it again they need different instructions. Otherwise it’ll just be like those games against Newcastle and Watford, with the area outside the box too crowded and our nr 10s trying to play through centrally.

They haven't played together enough to gel, as I said the formation and strategy has to be nailed to get them to click, if they do we unlock two match winners that give any opposition a headache, if not done correctly, we get the headache. It's not about the players, it's about the coaching/planning.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Stevie is not benching his mate anytime soon. Buendia should be starting, he came on Vs Leicester and did more in that time that Coutinho had. Don't get me wrong Coutinho is a special player and i hope we sign him, but not at the expense of Buendia

• Like 1

Look at all the attacking players who just 'go through the motions' as Roy Keane put so well, when pressing/defending. Rashford and Sancho for example. No aggression in their game and that's a big part of why they're struggling so much.

We're so lucky to have someone as talented and intelligent as Buendia, that pressing and defensive work actually comes natural to. You can tell he actually enjoys that side of the game, and does actually often win the ball back as well.

Yes he's had games where he's given the ball away too cheaply, but he's too good not to get that sorted out, it's just minor mistakes.

Has to start starting for us ASAP.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

On 28/04/2022 at 04:08, Phil Silvers said:

They haven't played together enough to gel, as I said the formation and strategy has to be nailed to get them to click, if they do we unlock two match winners that give any opposition a headache, if not done correctly, we get the headache. It's not about the players, it's about the coaching/planning.

Ings and Watkins together initially looked impossible then we had a good run when we worked out how to play them together. Buendia has to play 

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

BuT GeRrArD hAtEs EmI 

Play him then. He said in the presser we’ve struggled to create and score goals the last few fixtures. Play your creative players then. I’ll be fuming if buendias on the bench tomorrow 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Play him then. He said in the presser we’ve struggled to create and score goals the last few fixtures. Play your creative players then. I’ll be fuming if buendias on the bench tomorrow 

He wasn’t fit in the last game and only did light training on the Thursday.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We’ve lately actually struggled to score (sometimes) when playing two strikers, and struggled to create when playing two nr 10s. Sounds strange but isn’t really, more chances are created when two strikers move the defence around and create space, while scoring isn’t more effective with two up top instead of one.

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i think Buendia will get a start tomorrow, due to the Norwich factor, i thought this a while ago.

I also think its nonsense, as he deserved to start before this, and to only start him for the "Norwich effect", is almost demeaning imo.

He should be in the first 11, somewhere, its that simple imo.

I don't think he will sadly. Sounded to me like Bailey and Coutinho again, with Emi off the bench. 

It's a bit awkward however we line up tbh, not all Gerrard's fault by any means. 

On 27/04/2022 at 18:17, VillaParkAvenue said:

For my money he should play them both and have them play wider since Young can’t overlap in the same way as Digne. And having Buendia right/Coutinho left is what we should have been doing for ages!

(Edit - I said will, I should have said should)

Edited by Adam2003

28 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I don't think he will sadly. Sounded to me like Bailey and Coutinho again, with Emi off the bench. 

It's a bit awkward however we line up tbh, not all Gerrard's fault by any means. 

yeah listening to Gerrard's presser, it does seem Emi might be on the bench.

........unless thats what he wants us to think........ 🧐

Steven  Gerrard is excellent at saying and spotting what went wrong when we don’t perform well.

The problem is, that he does sweet f.a. about it and just carries on doing the opposite of what he says he will do.

• Like 3

Unbelievable he seems to have singled Buendia out for upping his numbers. What about Bailey, Ings and Watkins?! They were added to his comments as an after thought. If we plod along today with little creation with him on the bench I’ll be seriously pissed off. 

Â