Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

10 hours ago, WHY said:

He’s gave the ball away loads under no pressure and for the most they haven’t be because he was trying a killer pass. He’s getting better but he’ still gives the ball away cheaply at times. 

Pretty sure all our players do this...  Look at how often JJ & Dougie "gave the ball away" yesterday...  I don't understand the obsession with singling out Buendia every time he gets dispossessed.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I must admit some opinions baffle me.

In my opinion Buendia is an excellent footballer and will become much more effective as we upgrade the players around him.

100% agree, the guy is class. Regarding player upgrades, and I know the “big powerful CM has become a bit of a running joke” but I think he would benefit from a stronger midfield. His work rate is fantastic and that will never change, but he isn’t the biggest physically so I don’t really want him getting swamped in the centre circle. Get a couple of really powerful midfielders to do the dirty stuff and leave Emi to do all the beautiful stuff. 

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Pretty sure all our players do this...  Look at how often JJ & Dougie "gave the ball away" yesterday...  I don't understand the obsession with singling out Buendia every time he gets dispossessed.  

The focus is always on Buendia atm

BC91C117-76CF-411E-85D0-0F13325815B9.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Paul33 said:

I'd happily trade some of that "flair" in favour of stopping the suicide passes every game and some strength on the ball ...... not to mention a a real lack of pace. As for "tenacity" ..... I'll take it you offered that with a wry smile on your face. Seen more tenacity from a 12 year old ! 

You do not have to say anything. But, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

for me most of it last night was because he was trying to do something, either taking someone on or trying a risky pass, when he lost the ball it wasnt necessarily through sloppy play

so yeah at times it was a good thing, there was a lot of good signs from him last night, the run from the half way line was probably his best play all season, thats what we all want and he can do it

I get what you, and many others are saying, in that he tries a lot of risky passes and efforts, that if successful, may progress our play, and most likely lead to good goalscoring opportunities. However, the reality is, the success rate of these efforts leave a lot to be desired as of yet. Which simply isn't good enough for the level he's playing, and this is my big gripe. 

7 hours ago, useless said:

He's starting to look really good now, if he can add goals to his game at Premier League level, and keep up his current level, then he will be worth double what we paid for him.

He's still a long way from justifying what we paid from him... but sure one goal, three assists, and some nice flicks and touches, surely means we'll be seeing +70M bids incoming? 

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

It’s not stray passes that are frustrating it’s when he gets shrugged off the ball in dangerous areas which leaves us caught on the break. more often than not he is left on the floor as well so can’t try and win the ball back.

He tends to hold on to it too long at times and needs to improve that feature of his game.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The focus is always on Buendia atm

BC91C117-76CF-411E-85D0-0F13325815B9.jpeg

I count that as 3 misplaced passes all game. For an attacking midfielder, who is making things happen all game, including an inch perfect through ball...that is phenomenal. It's actually hilarious how this is twisted as him constantly losing the ball.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I count that as 3 misplaced passes all game. For an attacking midfielder, who is making things happen all game, including an inch perfect through ball...that is phenomenal. It's actually hilarious how this is twisted as him constantly losing the ball.

He's played better lately, I don't think there's any debate there. I'm judging him on his entire time here.

• Like 1

The signing of Coutinho will be a god send for Buendia.

In games of late (particularly the Brentford game) opposition teams have learned that if they double team and deny any space for Buendia they shut down the majority of our creativity.

Now they have someone else to worry about. The threat of both Coutinho and Buendia means they afford each other space and keep the defense guessing.

Exciting times.

• Like 2

Â