VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It's on Disney not Apple if you wish to torture yourself, Disney is available on Amazon too

Oh, right. Possibly worse still. I think you have to pay extra to get Disney on Amazon, don't you? 

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, right. Possibly worse still. I think you have to pay extra to get Disney on Amazon, don't you? 

Yeah I wouldn't want to pay to be tortured either but some people get off on it I guess

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Disney is it’s own thing, like Netflix or whatever. You can get it via various devices (not that I’d want to, especially with that kind of stuff on it).

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I have said elsewhere, 8 hours on a single album. That might be too much for me. 

Given the director, I suspect some of that will involve a whole subplot as the influence of the Sauron on Ringo's drumming.  

• Haha 1

For what it's worth, I thought the first Beatles film in the series was great. Some of my musings:

Spoiler

Paul didn't annoy me nearly half as much as I thought he would. 

John seemed a bit out of it. Can't think why? 🤔 

George had clearly had enough.

Ringo was just happy to he there, and just wanted everyone to get on. 

I liked the bit where George suggested Every Little Thing, and was met with stoney silence. 

Someone should have told Paul, Maxwell's Silver Hammer is shit. 

When Yoko picked up a mic, someone should have tuned it off.

I enjoyed seeing Paul swinging off the scaffolding to distract himself, as his band crumbled around him. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

I turned it off with an hour left, it swings from good to boring depending on what song they're covering, too much of it is unneeded nonsense with some great bits scattered in between 

They need to trim in down to about 2 hours and just cover the build up to the performance, the songs that make it, some bands politics and relationships

There is some interesting stuff there but it just wears it too thin

3 hours ago, bickster said:

It's also the most interesting thing he's released in a while

Friends like him, he gets the occasional click.

He's not terrible, but there's such a vast pool of music out there. Don't find him groundbreaking, not in awe of his programming skills and I don't get a nostalgia rush. Strange thing to say about new music, but so much of it sounds like old music. There's some amazing copies of bands out there and with electronic music it's nearly impossible to tell the difference sometimes.

• Like 1

Blimey the BBC6 music top ten albums of 2021 is way off my tastes this year despite liking and listening to 6music most days.

Out of their selection, I like the Jane Weaver album despite it being her most ‘poppy’ opus to date and whilst Idles are ok, the album has only been out for a few weeks and doesn’t warrant a top 10 slot. 

As for Little Simz… great musical compositions marred by awful rapping. Not my party at all… 

Â