VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The inspiration for Fleetwood Mac's 'Albatross'. It's OK, but I still prefer guitars as an accompaniment to singers.

To each his owne.As I said I have nothing against vocals,its just that I prefer instrumental,especially drums.

• Like 1

Ironically, Panic is about the state of modern pop music at the time and how it says nothing to it's audience. The DJs in question were not the likes of Peel but they were the daytime R1 Dj's like Steve Wright who the Smiths actually had a T-Shirt produced of with a noose around his neck. Sam Fox was definitely the music the song was about.

With regards to The Fall review, this is what MES thought about it, from his book Renegade: "That's as good as it got inside Smash Hits: Page 3 birds airing their views. I think it's great, actually -- better than being harangued by Tony Parsons and Julie Burchill."

• Like 2

My eldest daughter(7) has been learning about the 60s at school and luckily enough her teacher thinks music is a massive part of that decade. She’s came home with lots of information on The Beatles in particular along with The Beach Boys and The Animals . Pretty cool teacher , eh.  They have been listening to LPS whilst in class of said bands among one or two others . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My eldest daughter(7) has been learning about the 60s at school and luckily enough her teacher thinks music is a massive part of that decade. She’s came home with lots of information on The Beatles in particular along with The Beach Boys and The Animals . Pretty cool teacher , eh.  They have been listening to LPS whilst in class of said bands among one or two others . 

Name and shame please so I can put the teacher on the list. :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Bicks look away now.

I can not bloody wait for this tomorrow. Been looking forward to watching this for months! 

I can paint a wall and you can come around and watch it dry if you want to :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Bicks look away now.

I can not bloody wait for this tomorrow. Been looking forward to watching this for months! 

The irony that it's on Apple TV.

Back when Apple Computers started, Apple Records (i.e. EMI) tried to sue them for use of the tradename. The judge threw the case out on the basis that nobody could ever confuse the two, as computers clearly had nothing to do with music. There was a bit of muttering along the lines of "OK, as long as you promise to stay off our turf", but that seems to have been forgotten along the way. 

However, as I avoid Apple (computer company) products like the plague, I will have to wait and hope it eventually crops up on some channel I can access. 

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There was a bit of muttering along the lines of "OK, as long as you promise to stay off our turf", but that seems to have been forgotten along the way. 

It wasn’t forgotten. Quite the opposite. When Apple started including music software they got sued again, and had to pay up, then when they started the iTunes store, it all kicked off again. I think eventually Apple computer won that one and they started selling Beatles music on iTunes and Apple (music) were happy cus they got new revenue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

However, as I avoid Apple (computer company) products like the plague, I will have to wait and hope it eventually crops up on some channel I can access

It's on Disney not Apple if you wish to torture yourself, Disney is available on Amazon too

Â