FA Youth Cup Semi-Final vs West Brom (14th May 18:00)

OutByEaster?

I saw some highlights on YouTube, Barry, Chuckwumeka (or however you spell that) really stood out and the full backs looked pretty good too.

Chuck as I will call him from now, really needs some first team minutes technically he looked good but he also has a man's body already, it is time now we have very little to play for to give him 20 or 30 minutes in the last few games.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, turvontour said:

I'm full of questions. Anyone know likelihood of getting 10k to this?

Depends if U18s is classed as elite level sport.

I am sure the club will be trying but I think the government will need to have the final say.

Watched the game... It was an real pleasure to see the future stars in the here and now go about their business with such confidence and technique. A match that was a stark contrast the to the Premier League game the evening before. Though Albion played their part in the game, the Villa produced some wonderful moves, confidence on the ball and at the same time, made it all look quite easy, loose and free. Very well done to them... and good luck in the Final of course. Some beautiful goals. 

A thoroughly entertaining game. 

Barry, Chukweumeka, Young and Raiki were the stand outs for me.

Chukweumeka is capable of 10/15 minutes sub for the first team; he has the physique and I doubt he would let us down.

Too early for Barry probably, because of his physique, but he will be a future star.

Remarkable the number of our players that were poached from West Brom. 

Edited by AntrimBlack
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Brad Young is quality. He reminds me of Rooney. Barry reminds me of a young Michael Owen/ Pires hybrid. These kids have got something special. You can just tell.

No pressure then lol. Just a  CL winner, A world Cup winner and a Ballon D'or winner.

**** me I'd settle for a Weimann after the drought of recent graduates.

18 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Not surprisingly there's no coverage on BBC football website.

Why should there be, none of the Scum 6 are involved.

I wish I’d have looked at their football page on Thursday evening after plop’s semifinal win. Just wondering if they had any mention of it as there’s nothing on our victory that I’ve seen. Poor from the beeb imo.

3 hours ago, useless said:

The full game is now availabel to watch on VillaTV, just need a login to watch it.

The highlights are on you tube.

I was expecting to see something special from Carney and Louie and they didn't disappoint....both have bright futures.

but Brad Young, caught me by surprise....I guess the regulars like OBE and SGC will know more about his consistency..

KK also looks to have a future .....theres quite a few actually.

its all down to their development and if they keep improving.

but I was impressed with a few of Albions kids too......Fellows looks a prospect.

I approached the game with scepticism, but was pleasantly surprised.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I was expecting to see something special from Carney and Louie and they didn't disappoint....both have bright futures.

but Brad Young, caught me by surprise....I guess the regulars like OBE and SGC will know more about his consistency..

KK also looks to have a future .....theres quite a few actually.

its all down to their development and if they keep improving.

but I was impressed with a few of Albions kids too......Fellows looks a prospect.

I approached the game with scepticism, but was pleasantly surprised.

I could see Brad Young developing into a Chris wood at Burnley type. I was really impressed with him.