Midweek Football 3/7 May

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s times like this that the lack of fans really hits home. Such a monumental achievement and I bet it’s a bit of an anticlimax for those players.

i've never been a big fan of city fans generally...in fact i think they're largely a bunch of horrible clearings in the woods. but imagine not being there when they finally get to the final, plus the final itself. it's almost like it doesn't count

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Ander Herrera saying the ref was insulting the PSG players 

Good! I'd like to see referee's laugh more at some of the dives players do, I'd like to see them telling players flat out that they don't believe them and they aren't buying their shenanigans. 

I thought he was excellent with the exception of the panic penalty which VAR overturned. 

• Like 2

I thought the ref was poor. 

He let City foul them over and over again. Either giving the foul but no yellow or not giving the foul at all. 

Fernandinho and Bernardo fouled enough for 2 yellows apiece 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s times like this that the lack of fans really hits home. Such a monumental achievement and I bet it’s a bit of an anticlimax for those players.

It's really not a monumental achievement to spend billions on the world's best players and finally after a decade of having a ridiculous financial advantage, reach the final. 

I hate Manchester City more than literally any other club. Purely on the basis of what they have done and the unfair advantage they have got over the rest. I desperately hope they lose the final.

They won't though.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

I dont hate man City, partly because I don't know a single man City fan but also because I don't mind what they're doing, it's fairer than FFP and buying players via your official pillow and bedsheets partner 

We could do a man City, we can't do a man utd 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Out of all the 'evil' teams I like Man City most.

It seems like players aren't dicks, De Bruyne is the best in what he does, they don't have 'stars' like Man Utd or PSG or Juve. You will not see a Naymar in a sky blue shirt. 

They have the best manager, and the team is a joy to watch. Even with Liverpool last year, you could see that team was amazing but vulnerable. This City team is simply next level. 

I went to a couple of CL game at Etihad a few years back and the atmosphere around the stadium was good - live bands, beers. They certainly know how to bring in revenue and families in. Sure it's not the terraces of the 80s and 90. But it's modern and fun to take your son or daughter to. 

Other than being funded by oil money (and here we get into moral arguments of what money isn't 'evil') they just seem like a very well run club - a club that you can't question on sporting or entertainment merit.

I hope they win the CL, Foden, Aguero, De Bruyne deserve it. 

Then of course they have poured an absolute fortune into the local community. Providing facilities and coaching to the local kids.

• Like 1

Yeah in terms of "good or bad" owners man City are about as good as they come 

People just don't like the source of their money or the sheer amount of it 

Does make me laugh that the old guard who wanted FFP to stop all this new money coming through have generally poor owners or owners that don't really care whereas the new money guys put more in to their club 

Â