Midweek Football 3/7 May

andykeenan

Yep like others I don't particularly mind Man City. I like Pep and the football he plays. They're the most entertaining English side and have been for a long time.

They were absolutely excellent against PSG. Dominated both legs in a game I thought they'd lose.

I expect them to go on and win it now. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They were absolutely excellent against PSG. Dominated both legs in a game I thought they'd lose.

I expect them to go on and win it now. 

They should win it unless we finally see the Pep creative tactics book come out 

as for City I dont really mind if they win it, I dont know many City fans and they are not as annoying as Liverpool or United. Interesting it will be 13 years since the own took over, think it took Chelsea 9 to win it

as for the football its effective but I think its a bit too by the book for me, can see why people like it but leaves me a bit cold and bored. I wouldnt go all out to watch a City game if honest

• Like 2

Yeah I think Pep is a complete genius as a football manager and Man City are an insanely brilliant team. But for how brilliant they are, I find them a bit boring to watch.

Similar to watching Klitschko box in his prime, absolutely brilliant but boring. 

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They should win it unless we finally see the Pep creative tactics book come out 

I think he's learned his lesson. He's played his strongest team, pretty much, in the QF and SF. And last night he took a far more pragmatic approach, even sitting deep at times to counter PSG's break (which is basically all they have). Which was very unlike Pep

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Here is a disgusting thought... I hope Madrid win today. 

Me too. A City, Chelsea final will be a bit shit for us and everyone else in Europe.

City versus Real Madrid would be something to look forward to.  

• Like 2

Yeah I didn't really mind Chelsea or Man City being in the final. But not both.

Nothing to do with either side, I just would prefer it not to be an all english final

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Here is a disgusting thought... I hope Madrid win today. 

You need to go to marketing school.  Just say you hope Chelsea lose. :flag:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

News today that Ansu Fati is having to have more meniscus surgery, with removal an option on the table! Can't imagine him ever living up to his potential if that is true, given his rapid twisty, dribbling skill set. Rotten luck.

9 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Out of all the 'evil' teams I like Man City most.

It seems like players aren't dicks, De Bruyne is the best in what he does, they don't have 'stars' like Man Utd or PSG or Juve. You will not see a Naymar in a sky blue shirt. 

They have the best manager, and the team is a joy to watch. Even with Liverpool last year, you could see that team was amazing but vulnerable. This City team is simply next level. 

I went to a couple of CL game at Etihad a few years back and the atmosphere around the stadium was good - live bands, beers. They certainly know how to bring in revenue and families in. Sure it's not the terraces of the 80s and 90. But it's modern and fun to take your son or daughter to. 

Other than being funded by oil money (and here we get into moral arguments of what money isn't 'evil') they just seem like a very well run club - a club that you can't question on sporting or entertainment merit.

I hope they win the CL, Foden, Aguero, De Bruyne deserve it. 

Agree with everything except the last line, because

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Be a sad day when Man City finally get their grubby mits on the Champions League.  

I despise Real Madrid but I really want them to win it this year.

And also agree with this

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

as for City I dont really mind if they win it, I dont know many City fans and they are not as annoying as Liverpool or United.

We've still won the European Cup which is something they, nor PSG, have done yet. Let's hope Real Madrid or Chelsea (preferably the former, would also prefer a not all-English final) keep it that way, and City this year are just a first time beaten finalist, lke PSG were last season.

Edited by fightoffyour

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I think Pep is a complete genius as a football manager and Man City are an insanely brilliant team. But for how brilliant they are, I find them a bit boring to watch.

Similar to watching Klitschko box in his prime, absolutely brilliant but boring. 

A bit like Spain were  when a team is just too good and all possession based it becomes a little boring.  I think Pep is the best around and has raised the standards of the Premier League. Klopp teams play a more exciting brand of football but its not as sustainable. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I didn't really mind Chelsea or Man City being in the final. But not both.

Nothing to do with either side, I just would prefer it not to be an all english final

Yes hope Chelsea get knocked out tonight 

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes hope Chelsea get knocked out tonight 

The way Chelsea are playing at the moment the whole thing stinks of them getting to the final. Getting battered by city and winning on pens 

53 minutes ago, Giro said:

The way Chelsea are playing at the moment the whole thing stinks of them getting to the final. Getting battered by city and winning on pens 

Yes I suspect they will get to the final but against City's first 11 the result to be different to the FA Cup semi-final. 

1 hour ago, Giro said:

That be funny though 😂

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Be a sad day when Man City finally get their grubby mits on the Champions League.  

I despise Real Madrid but I really want them to win it this year.

I think in the end its inevitable.

I mean champions league is on every year and they are always in it. 

Realistically only 10 odds teams are good enough to win it. 

All the usal suspects have been super poor this year Liverpool(shite) , Barce(shite),Juve(shite) Real(avg) , Bayern(no Lewa no win) , Psg(might not even win league). 

I think it's poor its taken so long to eventually get to the final even tbh. 

Guest av1

No problem with squaring that to another striker, but refusing a shot in order to square to a CB. That was poor from Werner 

Â