Midweek Football 3/7 May

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can’t believe how casual West Brom are. Certainly not fighting for their lives.

Well they aren't are they. If they are good they might get sold to a better club. The rest of them will stay because of the parachute payements and they will be odds on to go straight back up with or without fat sam. . Most of the Albion fans I know much prefer the championship season to the premier league season as they see wins and goals. They have no  joy of the prem as the owners never put the money in.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Watching traore again... Again I'm convinced that his own team mates can't be bothered with him, he doesn't get the ball that much, they're not constantly looking for him or getting it to him, at times it looks like they're playing around him

Also again it looks like he has a reluctance to play first time football, he never makes a run in to the space for a team mate to play a ball in and him first time cross pass or shoot, he might be the only player in history that I've seen that wants to stand a defender up, he comes short to feet, sucks all the pace out of it and then tries to knock it past the defender and run, problem being baggies showed him inside time and time again, especially when he was on the left, and then simply crowded him out 

Neves and Moutinho playing a ball inside the full back with him turning the defender around and beating him to the ball first time low and hard, again and again and again, it's such a simple effective tactic that you wouldn't be able to stop due to the midfield quality and his pace but he never makes that run 

He's brain dead, would make a Theo Walcott comparison but theo is a much better player 

Baggies 10 points from safety with only 12 to play for. Fat Sam will finally get his premier league relegation on his resume.

Arsenal away for them next - stranger things have happened but totally expect them to be relegated next week. 

Just now, theboyangel said:

Baggies 10 points from safety with only 12 to play for. Fat Sam will finally get his premier league relegation on his resume.

Arsenal away for them next - stranger things have happened but totally expect them to be relegated next week. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I don't think Villa and wolves could have done it anyway, we could have got them to not mathmatically but GD making it virtually impossible 

Feels like a shame we couldn't do it 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Assuming he doesn’t leave before the end of the season.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Antonio is very important to west Ham isnt he

Yes but he’s also terribly wasteful especially on counter attacks he’s just score through pure physicality if he can make it Keinan Davis surely can

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes but he’s also terribly wasteful especially on counter attacks he’s just score through pure physicality if he can make it Keinan Davis surely can

Absolute madness.

Antonio: 43 goals in 150 appearances. In the PL.

Davis: 3 goals in 68 appearances. Mostly in the Championship.

Now, even accounting for minutes played, the comparison between the two is absurd. The stats are a million miles apart. Especially given the fact that Antonio has done in the top flight what Davis couldn't do in the 2nd tier. And, whilst on the subject of minutes played, if he was any good he would have played a hell of a lot more. 

If Davis has as good a career as Delfouneso I'd be shocked. I wish him well in the lower divisions when he moves on, but he is more likely to be a Stefan Moore type journeyman without the promising youth career and 2 PL goals.

In fact, Antonio has scored one less goal tonight as Davis has in his entire career. 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Yeah no arguing that from me, Antonio usually averages 8-10 a season in premier league and he's been injured for a bit of this season yet his goal haul is pretty good. Not even an out and out CF either but fits this West Ham set up pretty well.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

Absolute madness.

Antonio: 43 goals in 150 appearances. In the PL.

Davis: 3 goals in 68 appearances. Mostly in the Championship.

Now, even accounting for minutes played, the comparison between the two is absurd. The stats are a million miles apart. Especially given the fact that Antonio has done in the top flight what Davis couldn't do in the 2nd tier. And, whilst on the subject of minutes played, if he was any good he would have played more. 

If Davis has as good a career as Delfouneso I'd be shocked. I wish him well in the lower divisions when he moves on, but he is more likely to be a Stephan Moore type journeyman without the promising youth career and PL goals.

I’m not saying he’s a crap goal scorer though, he just absolutely flaps at chances often during a game good pass from Benrahma to him now he blasted it wide , shot the ball against his own leg earlier and yes I know he’s scored 2 goals tonight! He gets his goals buy running all game and being a nuisance! I was merely stating there’s hope for Davis yet as there are similarities Davis might be a bit better technically if had Antonio’s grit and shear desire he could make it at PL level 

Antonio creates a lot for West Ham just by chasing things and pressing defenders, worked well for West Ham tonight with all the creative midfielders they have on the pitch.

I actually think it's similar to what Ollie does for us most games but Ollie has a better touch and techincal ability.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m not saying he’s a crap goal scorer though, he just absolutely flaps at chances often during a game good pass from Benrahma to him now he blasted it wide , shot the ball against his own leg earlier and yes I know he’s scored 2 goals tonight! He gets his goals buy running all game and being a nuisance! I was merely stating there’s hope for Davis yet as there are similarities Davis might be a bit better technically if had Antonio’s grit and shear desire he could make it at PL level 

Ok but it's honestly one of the most obscure comparisons I've heard i a very long time. One of them is a player that I would bet my mortgage wouldn't score double figures in League 1 (and I'm not sure he would even manage it in League 2.)

The other is a former England international that has a 1 in 3 goalscoring rate in the Premier League over a number of seasons and with a very average side.

There have been so many overrated players that have come through our youth ranks but Davis is demonstrably one of the worst. 

Again, I think comparing Davis to ANY regular goalscorer is crazy, but to a 1 in 3 PL striker? Davis has a 1 in 23 goalscoring rate.

Madness.

• Confused 1

Â