Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

More wingplay, they cannot handle Ollie at all. AEG and Traore are drawing them in and allowing him extra space.

For all his quality today, I still think Pickford is shakey on crosses.

Cash's crossing is top drawer too.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

How haven't we scored more in that half?

One of those unlucky games and I'm not going to jinx us by saying what I think will happen so I'll leave it at there.

I'll remain positive we can knick this one from the Rogers.

Edited by Dave-R

Blimey, I need to have a lie down during half time! That was exciting stuff. Villa on fire. No idea how we are 1-1 after that 45 minutes but I guess this is the “Villa way”. 

My only slight negative is Douglas Luiz. We need an upgrade in that position this summer.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well, we could moan about where these performances have been? As we are obviously capable. lol

Hahaa

I am really delighted with this performance.  It looks like a performance with jack in the team. Thats how good we have been.

I dont expect to play like this every week but having a go ams passing ans the attacking play. Its been unbelievablely great to watch. 

How Everton are drawing this is just madness

• Like 1

Cracking first half, 1-3 Villa would have been a fairer reflection of the game.

First game I've watched us play since Jack's been out where I've not missed him! 

Not been Traore's biggest fan of late, but fair play tonight, he's looked very naughty.

Only downside is the conceding of a poor goal but overall this is the Villa I ❤

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

DS has to be one of the most unimaginative managers ever.

Same tactics, same formation every games occasionally changing players.

SNORE!!!!!!!

We’ve been fantastic. If you can’t enjoy this, why watch?

• Like 1

Best we've played in months.  Keep it going villa. Ross and traore seem to be the difference.  When they're up for it, it really flows through the team 

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Blimey, I need to have a lie down during half time! That was exciting stuff. Villa on fire. No idea how we are 1-1 after that 45 minutes but I guess this is the “Villa way”. 

My only slight negative is Douglas Luiz. We need an upgrade in that position this summer.

I think if we had more of a better creative attacking midfielder who could keep play away from defensive areas more, then you wouldn't even be noticing Luiz so much.

We just need better on the wings and in attacking midfielder and then the CDM and back line positions will sort themselves out.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Much better. That’s the team of the first half of the season even without Jack. Just a shame about the scoreline. 

Thinking exactly this.. why hasn’t it taken so long to see this performance from the same players.

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

DS has to be one of the most unimaginative managers ever.

Same tactics, same formation every games occasionally changing players.

SNORE!!!!!!!

"I've never seen anyone be unreasonably negative on this forum."