Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t feel any “fine” no matter how huge is going to affect these teams, they will just be like yeah okay whatever. 

Demotion to league 2 and a large points deduction will be the best message to send out to every club in the country that this will not be tolerated, no club is bigger then the premier league and if you try to circumvent it’s rules you get severely punished and HAVE to earn your way back to the top table. 

Yes but try selling TV rights globally once you've thrown the massive brands which sadly these clubs now are - through the trapdoor. Every club loses money in that situation. I think the solution needs to be as cold and as calculating and based on the control of money - as the problem was. 

There will be some sort of lines in the FA & PL statures about how these clubs can be punished if they even can. No idea what they are or how the wording is but I doubt it will be as severe as you'd hope.

Would be a enormous legal battle that I doubt anyone involved is keen on. Slap on the wrist, some more apologies and then business as usual.

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The sheer entitlement of the fans is puzzling me.

I've seen things like "you can't blame the fans for the CEO getting it wrong".

Woah - Villa fans paid the price of shit ownership with a decade of decline in the league, followed up by 3 years in the Championship - that's what happens when you're poorly managed! 

It's like they cannot fathom being out of European competition, never mind getting relegated.  

They care so much for their own club, no other clubs appear to matter - what a beige world they must live in.

I've also seen people from "lesser" clubs saying one thing, and the fans of the "elite" clubs saying "well that's fine but you've won 0 trophies" - maybe if the "elite" clubs hadn't haemorrhaged so much money on success NOW, and played it more sustainable, not handing our huge transfer costs/wages to guarantee success - then maybe you wouldn't have won so many **** trophies either, you sack of shit. 

They are completely blind by supporting a "big" club.  Idiocy.  

I know they won't get punished, and if they do it'll be feeble, like "donate a million pounds to grass roots football"...  They've got away with it - again.

I don't remember us complaining about the unfairness of parachute payments, TV money splits and the like. The whole ESL thing stinks but let's not pretend what we have now is all about merit, especially when we have directly benefitted from it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

I don't remember us complaining about the unfairness of parachute payments, TV money splits and the like. The whole ESL thing stinks but let's not pretend what we have now is all about merit, especially when we have directly benefitted from it.

Sorry, I don't follow? 

We went through the process of being shit and getting relegated - the fans of the supposed big clubs are completely against the notion of not being in Europe, despite them having to essentially almost bankrupt their own clubs to do it.  If you're poorly managed, go through a re-structure, go through a re-build, don't try and run off to a new league with no risk and huge financial backing to the absolute detriment of all the other clubs - deal with being shit for a while! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Who's saying scrap relegation?!

No - it was just in response to the argument that punishing the clubs shouldn't happen as it punishes the fans. 

Going forward the bigger issue is how do the big clubs cement there place season in / season out in the champions league. The first steps appear to be in place with the UEFA Coefficient  Slot allocation announced earlier this week. 

• Like 2

Â