Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Gary Neville saying that he hopes Perez has legally binding contracts and that they all get sued for hundreds of millions of pounds.

Could clear them Real Madrid debts :D 

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Didn't the clubs resign from the European clubs thing or something? I guess they'd have to reapply. Could make that difficult 

very good point. what that means i have no idea...not sure what perks you get from being a member? but denying them re entry would be a start

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

they didn't threaten. they contractually committed to it. it's going to be a legal nightmare for them to 'back down' on this

That’s their own problem, they haven’t really done anything to anyone else apart from notify them of something they intended to do and then changed their mind.

Just now, tomav84 said:

very good point. what that means i have no idea...not sure what perks you get from being a member? but denying them re entry would be a start

Its pretty much a clubs union and deals in negotiations with UEFA. Bayern pretty much run it

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Gary Neville saying that he hopes Perez has legally binding contracts and that they all get sued for hundreds of millions of pounds.

Perez is sleazy enough to insert such a clause. I wouldn’t be surprised.

Just now, Genie said:

That’s their own problem, they haven’t really done anything to anyone else apart from notify them of something they intended to do and then changed their mind.

Plus been holding secret meetings behind the other team's backs. 

The really daft thing is, they could probably have swung this. 

All they had to do was ditch the no relegation clause. 

They could have done their direct streaming deals and earned untold fortunes which would have to all. Intents and purposes make them untouchable anyway and got it through. 

The clubs that really needed it Barca, Madrid, Pool and Ure would have earned SO much money they could sign entire squads of failures and still go and buy another one. 

Sure maybe the Spurs and Milans of the set up might not quite earn enough to utterly **** up and still buy their way out of it, but not the giants. 

All they had to do was allow relegation and promotion to it and there would be grumbling but not the outrage and universal condemnation. I think they would have swung it. 

• Thanks 1

They surely can’t be allowed to get away with this without serious repercussions otherwise they will just come back again in the future with a different model ?

Â