Breakaway League

Jareth

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

No chance they aren’t kicked out of the PL. If they remain, the rest of English football teams have to start their own league. No point participating in a fixed race.

should call it the Super Super League so it sounds better as well for them casual fans

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

We still have to play 4 of these lot. Kick them out now and give us 12 points, thanks.

They will be kicked out tomorrow. But I expect them to finish the season. That gives everyone some time to think things through. ECL spots to be awarded to best 4 clubs outside the breakaway clubs.

But to start negotiations from any other position is meaningless. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

On that twitter thread the differences between the twelve founders were much less pronounced than that - with only a (relatively) small difference between them - obviously the "guests" would be getting a lot less - but I'd read that the difference between Real and Spurs was very small - much nearer to the twelve founders all getting £300-350m and the "guest" teams getting a third of that.

That would do it.  Every guest would just take the Norwich attitude as it would be impossible to actually compete so just pocket the cash and hope to get another cash grab again next year.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Anything being said of note?

Saying if the football authorities can't act then government will do so. Things such as competition laws and ownership being looked at. Really do think the government will stop this.

Edited by Swerbs

18 minutes ago, blunther said:

Mates a blues fan who's concerned about staying in business. Usually I'd find that funny but today has made me think that local rivalries should be put to one side...there's only six 'clubs' in this country that any football fan should truly hate, and SHA ain't one of them. 

7 clubs.

The "big" 6 and Burnley, because **** Burnley.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The original point was from me that some people were saying that this league would have set, equal budgets.  My post was that Man United would not allow that precisely because they want to leverage their huge global following and no way would want a level playing field with eg Spurs.  And if they did they would soon change things if they saw because of their poor expensive signings spurs had invested their equal share more wisely and were beating them all the time.

I just don't see this will ever be a level playing field with fixed budgets.

It will supposedly be 55% of revenue. So not equal budgets. Just fixed budget for every team. But this overwhelmingly gives Barca, Real, United and Liverpool the biggest advantage. 

Is it perverse that I'm getting oddly excited about the PL kicking these 6 clubs out?

I genuinely couldnt imagine anything better than 6 teams being promoted from the Championship and no VAR next season. Heaven. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is it perverse that I'm getting oddly excited about the PL kicking these 6 clubs out?

I genuinely couldnt imagine anything better than 6 teams being promoted from the Championship and no VAR next season. Heaven. 

Nah I was going to post something similar. I kinda hope it happens in a weird way. 

I'm enjoying the drama.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm similar. It could really shake things up.

• Like 1

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

It's interesting that the figures they are talking about aren't particularly mental. I believe the current PL could draw in considerably more annually with a subscription model.

100% agree. **** Sky. They're not happy because they haven't been invited. Representatives for Wellingborough.

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It wouldn't happen, but I'd love nothing more than to see the clubs' greed essentially end their existence and serve as a lesson to others.

Their supporters never asked for this, though. What I would like is that this all explodes in their faces in utter chaos and disaster and they are forced to sell and that the clubs start over and suffer for a few years climbing back up the league.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The 'fans' here are not us. They are the global audience who outnumber us 100 to 1.

I can kinda confirm. A fair share of idiots in my local forum actually think that a super league is a good idea and teams other than the biggest clubs serves near to no value.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I want this to happen. And a Champions League format that may have the champions of Greece or Turkey in at least the quarterfinals

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No chance they aren’t kicked out of the PL. If they remain, the rest of English football teams have to start their own league. No point participating in a fixed race.

Exactly, what on Earth would be the point even bothering to watch that least of all pay almost a grand for a ST to waste your time watching your team play in something you cannot ever win. So basically Spurs could finish 15th and still be in the competition whilst Villa could finish wherever & hope they were invited.. to take part in another farce of a contest which would be impossible to win competing against teams with 100 x their wealth.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Nah I was going to post something similar. I kinda hope it happens in a weird way. 

I'm enjoying the drama.

The PL could turn into a league with a retro feel to it with fewer plastic fans and more atmosphere at grounds. Silver lining perhaps.

• Like 2

Â